Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

to man that ultimately made this community possible by introducing the idea of "roll dice to hit". not only did he create DnD, he created the concept of PnP role playing games (or at least made the idea interesting enough to get widespread).

even though i hated most of your stuff, you'll always have a fond place in my heart (thats kinda funny in its own way). wonder if they'll do the decent thing and make a new deity for 4th ed named Xagyg in honor. probably not, but a guy can hope.

even though i hated most of your stuff, you'll always have a fond place in my heart (thats kinda funny in its own way). wonder if they'll do the decent thing and make a new deity for 4th ed named Xagyg in honor. probably not, but a guy can hope.

Not precisely the same, but I believe that was the intent with Zagyg in the Greyhawk setting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zagyg

Kelcyron

Just don't y'all forget about Dave Arneson in the meantime. ^_- Gygax might have had a LONGER relationship with D&D, and all props to the guy for what he did, but he wasn't the sole creator; the game didn't spring fully formed from his forehead.

Just don't y'all forget about Dave Arneson in the meantime. ^_- Gygax might have had a LONGER relationship with D&D' date=' and all props to the guy for what he did, but he wasn't the sole creator; the game didn't spring fully formed from his forehead.[/quote']

Many of the obits properly list Gygax as the "co-creator of Dungeons & Dragons."

JG