Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I love the Samurai Couple! And Hinjo and Shinjo.

Heck Rick's made a damn fine world to play in. I wonder if it was the game world he had entered into the WOTC contest? I suspect yes, but can't remember him ever saying that.

Rick could probably make a pretty good Pathfinder setting with the OOTS world, but he has chosen not to. One reason is that if he ever published stats for the Order that would limit what he can do with them and get away with, because the rules lawyers among his readers would say "That's not what the book says he can do!"

I'm beginning to wonder whether Roy will ever get himself raised; there isn't much of his body left and it's taking a very long time for them to reunite the Order. Durkon is probably only one of his group oyal enough to Roy to even consider doing it at all: V could care less about his late leader, and Elan is -- Elan.

Rick could probably make a pretty good Pathfinder setting with the OOTS world, but he has chosen not to. One reason is that if he ever published stats for the Order that would limit what he can do with them and get away with, because the rules lawyers among his readers would say "That's not what the book says he can do!"

I'm beginning to wonder whether Roy will ever get himself raised; there isn't much of his body left and it's taking a very long time for them to reunite the Order. Durkon is probably only one of his group loyal enough to Roy to even consider doing it at all: V could care less about his late leader, and Elan is -- Elan.

I think Elan, while... simple, is very loyal. Once the party is finally reunited (and V finally gets some rest) they'll get around to un-golem-ing Roy's skeleton and raising him. And I would tend to agree that the characters shouldn't be set in stone by putting them in a game book.

But what with Haley's predicament in her home town, I don't think a full reunion is going to be anytime soon. I hope there's a "self-defense" clause in Belkar's Mark of Justice. It'd be a shame for him to not be able to get in some good killin' -- to help Haley, of course. ;)

BTW, did he ever do anything with the foreshadowing he did in #15: "When the goat turns red strikes true."?

I think Elan, while... simple, is very loyal. Once the party is finally reunited (and V finally gets some rest) they'll get around to un-golem-ing Roy's skeleton and raising him. And I would tend to agree that the characters shouldn't be set in stone by putting them in a game book.

But what with Haley's predicament in her home town, I don't think a full reunion is going to be anytime soon. I hope there's a "self-defense" clause in Belkar's Mark of Justice. It'd be a shame for him to not be able to get in some good killin' -- to help Haley, of course. ;)

BTW, did he ever do anything with the foreshadowing he did in #15: "When the goat turns red strikes true."?

Yes. It was how they got Nale and the Linear Guild in the original storyline

Nale (Goatee) turned on them and Red (Hailey) shot true with her arrow.

I'm beginning to wonder whether Roy will ever get himself raised; there isn't much of his body left and it's taking a very long time for them to reunite the Order. Durkon is probably only one of his group oyal enough to Roy to even consider doing it at all: V could care less about his late leader, and Elan is -- Elan.

No, I was wondering if the setting he wrote for the WOTC contest is the setting for the world. Azure City, the Norse Gods, that stuff. His original impetus for the website was the game world which I believe was one of the final three (Ghostwalk won). He did the first Order of the Stick on his gaming site and then it eventually took over. IIRC. I think this was in the foreward for the first book collection.