Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

Well, it's not FULLY developed yet it seems

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0597.html

And while amusing, this one is also a bit alarming

Just like there's "selective hearing", I guess there's also "selective understanding". :D (i.e., being deliberately dense.) Either that, or he just tends to crit his Deduction Everyman Skill from time to time.

V is starting to worry me as well. But I do have to wonder just what engendered such loyalty to the group, and perhaps to Roy in particular?

V is starting to worry me as well. But I do have to wonder just what engendered such loyalty to the group' date=' and perhaps to Roy in particular?[/quote']

V just wants to do the right thing, and has become obsessive about this particular task. It's the same general thing that gets Dark Side points for most PC Jedi in the old WEG Star Wars game.

I'm really enjoying V's character development, along with Elan's. She was always all about the Ultimate Cosmic Power, and her current arc seems to fit into obtaining it by saying exactly the right four words to exactly the right entity for all the wrong reasons. I also don't have a problem with her obsession; Haley was her reason for being with the Order in the first place, Roy was the member after Haley she respected most, and heck, she even had a weird sort of attachment to Belkar (the prank wars, standing up for him, the kiss; love hate is still a relationship). On top of that, she knows their real mission is saving the world, and thinks that re-establishing Azure City is at most a side quest.

Her player, if she had one, is probably jumping up and down trying to get the group back to the "real" game. :)

Right now' date=' Elan reminds me of a character my husband likes to run who has the advantage "Too stupid to have mind games work on him". :D[/quote']

+10 PRE' date=' only for Defense, requires failed INT roll? :)[/quote']

One write up of old Flesh Gordon PC had Mental Defense defined as "No Brain, No Effect", and PRE Defense defined as "Does not know the meaning of the word: Fear" with a note that this was just one of many words he had trouble with. :)

V *NEEDS* to trance; (s)he's going insane!

At the same time, it was a good reminder that, yes, the Order of the Stick is in fact trying to save the world.

Although I'm not sure how interested V is in saving the world verses proving that his magic is powerful enough to complete the task of locating Haley and Roy.

Which is a tribute to Rich's storytelling skills. :thumbup:

we loose a Belkar, but by golly, we gain a V. lol. i think Elan and V have BOTH gained alot during this section, and i think Hailey has as well. now if only Durkon could get some spotlight time.

and i would have guessed that Roy would have been back at least a 100 issues ago, actually.. this is crazy, and i'm starting to loose interest. while the characters are all very cool and the storytelling is top notch, i think that the main concept has left the building. which pretty much leaves any plot flat.

V *NEEDS* to trance; (s)he's going insane!

At the same time, it was a good reminder that, yes, the Order of the Stick is in fact trying to save the world.

Although I'm not sure how interested V is in saving the world verses proving that his magic is powerful enough to complete the task of locating Haley and Roy.

Which is a tribute to Rich's storytelling skills. :thumbup:

That about says it.

Rather than ONE overwhelming motivation, Varsuvius has SEVERAL overwhelming motivations:

Loyalty to a friend

Loyalty to a leader

Challenge - she is unable to countenance the idea that her magic CAN'T do something and will pursue it until she "wins"

Pragmatism - she cannot be distracted from the fact that their main task is SAVING THE ENTIRE WORLD and compared to that, isn't everything else trivial?

It's no wonder Varsuvius is obsessed.

Lucius Alexander

Palindromedary Enterprises