Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

contains spoilers, and i don't know HERO forum-ese well enough to spoiler tag:

(edit: fixed now! :D)

i don't think anyone other than badguys will be dying this day! my favorite character is back in the saddle!! get 'em you sexy shoeless god of war!! i always knew there was a reason ranger was my favorite class!!

Especially cool was the set-up. We were told back when he first showed up that

the Cleric had prepared Remove Curse that day, and that he could use it to treat Belkar

. Rich really knows how to set his ducks in a row. :)

Can't wait to see what's next.

I especially liked the passcode for Remove Curse.

I don't see what all the Roy-less fuss is all about. It's pretty clear that his player is doing Reserve Duty in Iraq or something and the GM is just keeping his place warm.

Same as the whole Belkar Saga is the GM saying "The Curse was a Warning and stabbing the Oracle was the final straw." He's giving the player every chance to shape up or ship out.

Lots of OotS things make more sense when viewed through the meta-lens.

I don't see what all the Roy-less fuss is all about. It's pretty clear that his player is doing Reserve Duty in Iraq or something and the GM is just keeping his place warm.

Same as the whole Belkar Saga is the GM saying "The Curse was a Warning and stabbing the Oracle was the final straw." He's giving the player every chance to shape up or ship out.

Lots of OotS things make more sense when viewed through the meta-lens.

yea, but since i'm not playing in the game and only reading the story, all this sidetracking and the drawing out of an obviously inevitable event is getting really obnoxious. its the reason a good GM and a good writer are not always (or even often) the same person.

yea' date=' but since i'm not playing in the game and only reading the story, all this sidetracking and the drawing out of an obviously inevitable event is getting really obnoxious. its the reason a good GM and a good writer are not always (or even often) the same person.[/quote']

I'm just happy that he takes the time to share teh awesome with all of us.

oh, i am glad he's sharing, and i have had LOADS of laughs from the strips. i think its about time for me to be jumping of the train if this is the direction he is going to continue in. i wouldn't want him to change directions, so much as i wish he would, if that makes sense. in other words, it would make me happy if he would start bringing everything back together now, but i won't demand it. i'll just appreciate what he's given me and go on.

i'm REALLY hoping it doesn't come down to that though. i really like so many of the characters, and i liked the story he was telling, back when was telling it. character development has been fun, but its time to get on with it.

oh, i am glad he's sharing, and i have had LOADS of laughs from the strips. i think its about time for me to be jumping of the train if this is the direction he is going to continue in. i wouldn't want him to change directions, so much as i wish he would, if that makes sense. in other words, it would make me happy if he would start bringing everything back together now, but i won't demand it. i'll just appreciate what he's given me and go on.

i'm REALLY hoping it doesn't come down to that though. i really like so many of the characters, and i liked the story he was telling, back when was telling it. character development has been fun, but its time to get on with it.

I'd take the fact that even the characters are beginning to comment on the separation and heavy themes as a sign that this arc is wrapping up.

is glad people still are' date=' really. i'd hate to see the fan base dry up, really, it has had so much good stuff. we'll see.[/quote']I think with the last couple of episodes Rich Burlew is starting to put everyone back together again. I don't think it'll be too much longer before the OotS is reunited (after a few rescues and resurrections, of course). :)