Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

Something else pointed out on the Giant in the Playground forums: re-read the following comics.

1. Comic 182, panel 4
  2. Comic 188, panels 2 and 3
  3. Comic 572, panel 7

Let the speculation begin.

I'd love to speculate if I could only see the blasted comics instead of a "Page Load Error!"

Lucius Alexander

Did the palindromedary eat the comics?

If I was playing in this campaign' date=' I would have quit already. Roy's been dead for a year or more, V's about to die, Hayley has to give all her money to the Thieves' Guild and can't rescue her dad. There's been damn few wins and a whole lot of losses lately.[/quote']

Obviously it's a story, not a campaign. Where the needs of the story override those of the 'it's a game' idea, the story wins out. And even some real campaigns don't have 'Guantlet' type restrictions on PC proximity.

If it were a real life campaign, maybe:

*Roy's player is at college/otherwise out of town for an extended period/working on game nights and can't attend for a while. So the GM fills him in on what his spirit-self can see in the meantime until he can come back to the game full-time, at which point since this GM is a master of timing, they'll be at a point where they can raise him. The group being split up like this long-term could also be an online game or a "Haley and Belkar can do Tuesdays, Durkon, Elan and V can do Fridays" type of deal for a while. Rather than put the campaign on hold for six months, the GM splits them up accordingly and keeps trucking.

*Well, V ran off on his own and abandoned the party. C'est la mort.

*Lots of losses/few wins - perhaps this is the "Empire Strikes Back" part of the story. ;) And it also demonstrates pretty well that the longer the OotS is split apart, the worse things generally go for them. Once they overcome their current obstacles and get back together they'll start kicking tail again.

It certainly seems like V is getting the ultimate lesson in "Why Magic can't do it alone"

Sure, you seem god like in your ability to wreck havoc with power flying out of your finger tips, but there comes a time you need a meat shield with a stabby thing to step up for you :)

If V can cast 4 Disintegrates (6th level wizard spell)' date=' that makes him at least 17th level (barring any magic items he may have to bolster that). Dang! He's nearly an Epic character! :eek:[/quote']

V has mentioned having a ring of wizardry. It is at least implied in #182 (I believe) that it affects 3rd level spells, but no mention of what (if any) other levels it may also affect.

Kelcyron

V has mentioned having a ring of wizardry. It is at least implied in #182 (I believe) that it affects 3rd level spells' date=' but no mention of what (if any) other levels it may also affect.[/quote']

I'd have to check my books to be sure, but IIRC a RoW only affects spells up to 3rd level. If someone is closer to their 3.5 DMG they could give us an official ruling... :)

I'd have to check my books to be sure' date=' but IIRC a RoW only affects spells up to 3rd level. If someone is closer to their 3.5 DMG they could give us an official ruling... :)[/quote']

Just looked it up. The Ring of Wizardry doubles the number of spells you can cast of a particular level. There's a RoW I, II, III, and IV. So at the time, V had a Ring of Wizardry III, and it wouldn't affect his 6th level spells (or any other spells besides 3rd level). So he's either:

• 17th level or higher (four 6th level spells), or
  • 14-16th level (three 6th level spells), with an INT of 21-29 (+1 bonus spell), or
  • 12-13th level (two 6th level spells), with an INT of 30+ (+2 bonus spells), or
  • He's got some unidentified magic item that increases the number of Disintegrates he can cast per day, or
  • I'm overthinking this and should really just relax. ;)

Just looked it up. The Ring of Wizardry doubles the number of spells you can cast of a particular level. There's a RoW I, II, III, and IV. So at the time, V had a Ring of Wizardry III, and it wouldn't affect his 6th level spells (or any other spells besides 3rd level). So he's either:

• 17th level or higher (four 6th level spells), or
  • 14-16th level (three 6th level spells), with an INT of 21-29 (+1 bonus spell), or
  • 12-13th level (two 6th level spells), with an INT of 30+ (+2 bonus spells), or
  • He's got some unidentified magic item that increases the number of Disintegrates he can cast per day, or
  • I'm overthinking this and should really just relax. ;)

Vaarsuvius claims to have an 18 INT (and probably a 8 WIS), so it's probably the first one.

While she's not "part of the group"' date=' Celia can't be there -- no afterlife for her IIRC.[/quote']

Maybe that's how they plan to get rid of the GM's annoying younger sibling.

"Sorry all the character's are dead and in the afterlife, and your character can't go to the afterlife."

"MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM"

Maybe that's how they plan to get rid of the GM's annoying younger sibling.

"Sorry all the character's are dead and in the afterlife, and your character can't go to the afterlife."

"MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM"

"That's okay, they can make NEW characters to join mine. I don't mind being party leader this time" GMAYS

*Facepalm*-GM

;)