Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

There's a distinction between Divine Intervention (i.e. your God resurrecting you as a spectre) and Creating Undead as a mortal.

no smarmy smiley added.

If the President does it, it's not illegal.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary wonders how often you'll ever see Lucius Alexander quoting Richard Nixon.

In the last fantasy game I ran I made a distinction between good, neutral, and evil spirits and also between returning of your own free will for a visit and being magically abducted and enslaved. And only the latter would cause spirits to be forced into rotting or skeletal corpses. So Raise Zombie was always wicked, and so was Summon/Bind Spirit, but Talk to Spirit was OK and so was Spirit Ally.

Hmm. I think he may be right about 3.5 (and probably 3.0 as well). There was a time (maybe AD&D 2nd ed.?) when Cure Light Wounds was a Necromantic spell.

In 1st Edition all healing magic, including Raise Dead and Resurrection, were considered necromancy.

Makes at least as much sense (maybe more) as Steve Jackson's peculiar tendency to lump Demonology in with Necromancy.

Lucius Alexander

Threatening to practice hepatoscopy on a palindromedary

I am again amazed at how a stick-figure cartoon can be so wise.

JG

All you need is someone who is good a plots (or at least at wisdom) and bad at art.

:D

Though of note, I don't actually agree with the quote. I think it is a good way of determining if someone really is decent or if they are just good at pretending to be.

All you need is someone who is good a plots (or at least at wisdom) and bad at art.

:D

Though of note, I don't actually agree with the quote. I think it is a good way of determining if someone really is decent or if they are just good at pretending to be.

Perhaps like the differene between V and Belkar? :D

Though of note' date=' I don't actually agree with the quote. I think it is a good way of determining if someone really is decent or if they are just good at pretending to be.[/quote']

I think it's also possible to push good people so far that they'll do things they wouldn't otherwise do. How long had V been without meditation? What did the dragon say she was going to do?

"We're all in the Monster Manual somewhere."

I don't get the last panel.

And I went to college...

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary notes that he came back, too

It's the NCAA Basketball Championship this month -- aka "March Madness". And two of the usual teams are the Duke Blue Devils and the Arizona State Sun Devils. :ugly: