Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

Rich seems far more respectful of the hobby he parodies than some who are in the biz.

One mark of a really good parody is that it stands up as a piece of genre literature on its own. Rich is one of the few these days that meets that test.

One mark of a really good parody is that it stands up as a piece of genre literature on its own. Rich is one of the few these days that meets that test.

The only other peice of work that met this criteria is Snowcrash. And it's a good stick to measure by that I shall be using in the future.

been gone for awhile. all i gotta say is never saw it coming, glad it did, and i'm STILL wishing this thing would tie back together instead of all these side quests. lol.

i always hated side quests :D

still, i am interested in what terrible thing that V will do in short order. (s)he's already well over the evil threshold. i'm waiting to see what sticks her there (or saves her from it).

although part of me also doesn't care. the whole story is hitting that point where its tedious to keep up with, kinda like the middle 300 pages in the Stand by Stephen King. meh.

Maybe Celia the Lawyer can find a loophole in the contract V signed, and get him out of some of the consequences...

And the party in now three parts, and might be close to finally getting all back to gether -- even Roy. :celebrate

EDIT: And I knew that someone would make a

"Darth Vaarsuvius"

comment sooner or later.

There have been a few times, running a game, that I managed the timing that well....

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary remarks that sometimes the real trick is to make sure people keep missing each other when you don't want them to meet.

I'm curious where this is going to go. V's moving down a tragic path - he got what he thought he wanted, and it has, so far, cost him the family he ostensibly did this to save, and everything he thought only he and his newfound arcane power could solve has taken care of itself without him.

Now, what has he sacrificed to achieve these results?