Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

IIRC, Rich has said that the Paladin in question had the highest CON and HP of the Saphire Guard. Don't know if he told us the dump stat.

Heck, I may be misremembering the CON comment; I haven't read the OotS boards in a long time.

IIRC' date=' Rich has said that the Paladin in question had the highest CON and HP of the Saphire Guard. Don't know if he told us the dump stat.[/quote']

During the interogation panels, Redcloak calls O-Chul the worst liar he has ever seen. O-Chul tells Redcloak that he was a fighter before switching over to Paladin and that CHA was his dump stat. See the last panel: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0545.html

I didn't think there could BE a paladin without a CHA of 17.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary remarks that the game has changed while Lucius was away.

You CAN be a paladin with Charisma under 16... it's just not a good idea. :)

JG

Dump stat? He probably rolled all 18s for stats.

Ochuls' dump stat is charisma because he needed some place to put the 6th 18.

The twelve Gods had to choose between 18 for each stat or using the word AWESOME.

His hit point would have been ENOUGH.

His saves would have been ALWAYS.

His equipment would have been "a single maiden of unswerving virtue." just to massage his right foot after kicking so much evil A**.

His name is untranslatable but the closest interpretation would be "I'm to busy defeating someone who embodies ultimate evil, so just go curl up in a corner and play dead while I kill someone more important then you."

I do believe there was a rule in the older editions that required a high CHA for paladins. It wasn't in 3.x and it isn't in 4

I feel old.

Lucius Alexander

And a paladindromedary. It fights evil coming and going!

You CAN be a paladin with Charisma under 16... it's just not a good idea. :)

yea' date=' in fact, in 3rd edition, with a 14 CHA you can even cast all of your spells. just cause the rules state it doesn't make it a good idea. :D[/quote']

A 14 gives a good start on special abilities and frees up some space for a decent STR, CON and WIS. Paladins don't really have an obvious dump stat in 3e. Of course, I come from the perspective of point-based stats in 3e, where going over 14 costs more.

Ochuls' dump stat is charisma because he needed some place to put the 6th 18.

The twelve Gods had to choose between 18 for each stat or using the word AWESOME.

His hit point would have been ENOUGH.

His saves would have been ALWAYS.

His equipment would have been "a single maiden of unswerving virtue." just to massage his right foot after kicking so much evil A**.

His name is untranslatable but the closest interpretation would be "I'm to busy defeating someone who embodies ultimate evil, so just go curl up in a corner and play dead while I kill someone more important then you."

Ahhh...so explain why he's been locked in a cage in his loincloth for the past several months ;)

No. O-Chul will either be a martyr, or his freedom will be hard won. He was born to suffer, and he won't get off that easily.

I take Roy's comments ('Xykon will do to you what he did to me') as hard-won wisdom, and so all the more likely to foreshadow.

And V needs a comeuppance in terms of the character arc, while Rich has promised that one or another OOTser will pay a heavy price for Roy's resurrection. At the moment, only Elan even comes close to meeting that description.

Now, if I need to look at my keyboard to find the 'X,' maybe I should take a nap before work....

No. O-Chul will either be a martyr, or his freedom will be hard won. He was born to suffer, and he won't get off that easily.

I take Roy's comments ('Xykon will do to you what he did to me') as hard-won wisdom, and so all the more likely to foreshadow.

And V needs a comeuppance in terms of the character arc, while Rich has promised that one or another OOTser will pay a heavy price for Roy's resurrection. At the moment, only Elan even comes close to meeting that description.

Now, if I need to look at my keyboard to find the 'X,' maybe I should take a nap before work....

Hayley stole her own diamond. She may never be reimbursed for it...