Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

10 bucks says Xykon strips V's magical powers and let's him live. :eg:

Without the two splices, V's threat level would barely register on Xykon's radar. The thing is, if Xykon kills V, could V be raised while his Contract still has terms left (his servitude in each of the three realms)?

Xykon is a grade-A bad***' date=' no doubt about it. Amazing that Roy held up so well against him. Certainly shows that the OotS has a long way to go before they can take him down directly. On the plus side, that means lots more strips for us! :D[/quote']

I think that Xykon + allies is more than the Oots can handle. Thus they need to knock his support structure out from under him, and then dogpile him all at once. Then *maybe* they would stand a chance.

The thing is, right now would be the almost best time to take on Xykon because he's depleted a lot of his spells fighting V.

The thing is' date=' right now would be the almost best time to take on Xykon because he's depleted a lot of his spells fighting V.[/quote']

Can OoTS even get to Xykon and V? I don't recall them having access to Teleportation before V got his power upgrade (it was in his prohibited schools).

EDIT: Thanks for the reminder, GA - even if they CAN teleport (which would beg the question why the long journeys to places like Azure City), they can't Teleport to Xykon.

Good' date=' his player never chipped in for pizza anyways....[/quote']

And V's player just drank the last Mountain Dew/Dr. Pepper/Beer that the GM had been saving.

While eating the last slice of pizza too.

V's headed for the Cage with O'Chul. What kind of merciful GM would just kill the character and let him roll up a new one rather than stick him in a cage and make him sit around bored for the next dozen sessions while his teammates try to rescue him.

hmmm...unless the plan is to give Roy some company. Gradually, the whole Order get changed to disembodied spirits watching the action, with maybe one left to get them all Raised at a dramatically appropriate time. [belkar mistakenly saying "I really wish the guys were still alive to see this" while wearing a magic item seems a good approach.]

Belkar mistakenly saying "I really wish the guys were still alive to see this" while wearing a magic item seems a good approach.

I set up something like that in a D&D game long ago. The wife of one of my players wanted to get into the game, so for her magic item I gave her a luck blade (basically a magic sword with a limited number of wishes built in) and waited for the fun... :D

Unfortunately, she never said the magic words, "I wish..." :(

I think that Xykon + allies is more than the Oots can handle. Thus they need to knock his support structure out from under him, and then dogpile him all at once. Then *maybe* they would stand a chance.

The thing is, right now would be the almost best time to take on Xykon because he's depleted a lot of his spells fighting V.

You know, the gang DID beat Xyklon once.

More like they inconvenienced him. Furthermore' date=' the only reason he didn't wipe them all out quickly and stylishly was because he needed somebody pure of heart to touch the gate.[/quote']

Eh, he says straight up that they won and he lost, and it was time to regroup to continue the war.

And yes, not doing what the enemy wants you to do is generally a good idea, and a perfectly legitimate component of victory.

Note that Tsukiko is carrying a little Xykon doll to sleep with. She's such a sweet little girl... ;)

Is that what that is? I thought it was a voodoo doll or something.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary notes that the two ideas are not mutually exclusive....

I'm reminded of a scene in the new Battlestar Galactica:

Captain Apollo!

CAPTAIN APOLLO!!

LEE!!!

O-Chul is the embodiment of the ideal paladin, much as Miko was the embodiment of obeying the letter, but not the spirit, of the paladin...