Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

Well... yeah! That's how Xykon's always been.

But on the second read... I agree with him more or less 100% about his evaluation of Redcloak.

Why?

If not for Redcloak's advice, Xykon would quite possibly have been beaten by Varsuvius. Redcloak was then jumped by O-Chul and didn't have a chance to get off a warning to anyone.

Why?

If not for Redcloak's advice, Xykon would quite possibly have been beaten by Varsuvius. Redcloak was then jumped by O-Chul and didn't have a chance to get off a warning to anyone.

Oh, that's fine.

But:

1) Redcloak could have warned Xykon, and possibly prevented this whole "disaster." He would have died for it, but that's what minions are for. So, Xykon's criticism there seems to have merit. Redcloak chose to flee rather than serve (not blaming him, but he doesn't get to be defensive about it either), unlike the other goblin.

2) Redcloak has been doing everything in his power to manipulate or distract Xykon so that he will stay in the city and the goblins can consolidate their poisition. Redcloak has his own agenda, which he has directly stated to us. This, again, is fine... he's looking out for his own, and he's smart enough to realize that Xykon doesn't care about the goblins. They're using each other. But that leaves Xykon's comment, once more, completely accurate. Perhaps they could have even unbound the next Gate by now if they'd been pressing the advance rather than sitting around having gladiatorial fights and pretty much everything else we've seen them doing while in the city.

There's some fairly story-critical content in the books' date=' that's not in the online strips, from what I've gathered.[/quote']If SteveZilla hadn't noticed that Redcloak had a brother, except from Internet gossip, I suspect it isn't story-critical information. :) Now, it's very interesting (and fun) information, and describes backgrounds and motivations, but you should be able to follow the story without it.

If SteveZilla hadn't noticed that Redcloak had a brother' date=' except from Internet gossip, I suspect it isn't story-critical information. :) Now, it's very interesting (and fun) information, and describes backgrounds and motivations, but you should be able to follow the story without it.[/quote']

There are things I've learned from people who've read the books that made parts of the online webcomic make a lot more sense.

There are things I've learned from people who've read the books that made parts of the online webcomic make a lot more sense.

Anything you can tell us?

Lucius Alexander

Order of the Palindromedary

I still hope he tells the 'details' , like Miko's part, to Hinjo in private

He's "..the boss, need the info" ;)

I think you're right - that would be the Lawful Good thing to do. Give the authority figure/leader the information, and let THEM decide what to do with it.

Lucius Alexander

That palindromedary asks what would Lucius know about Lawful Good?