Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

If he plans to be done in 7 weeks real time' date=' he'll need to. If it's 7 weeks strip-time, he has more wiggle room.[/quote']

Huh, never occurred to me that it would be real time, but it's possible. I think it would be a shame to rush the ending, but if Mr. Burlew wants to move to something else, sometimes that's what happens.

Hoping not, but if it just means he starts up a new project, I'll drop in.

It may be seven weeks 'til Belkar bites it. Not necessarily what Xykon has in store. Remember' date=' the Oracle specified that Belkar would draw his last breath within one year in "real time" (our time), not comic time.[/quote']

I could be misunderstanding you, but I think that's the other way around. Providing link for ease of reference, it took me a bit to find it.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0572.html

"I'm pretty sure that logically, there would be a lot less warfare in the world."

Yeah, one would think.

jg

Except of course that a pretty large percentage of people do "know" that there is an afterlife. So the comment doesn't really match up with the real world...

Except of course that a pretty large percentage of people do "know" that there is an afterlife. So the comment doesn't really match up with the real world...

Well, by the usage I was assuming that "know" meant "have empirical evidence of" rather than "are certain of". The fact that Roy failed to take into account the idea of faith is in keeping with his character as I've been thinking of him.

Which is not to say that faith is a cause of violent behavior, in any event. Plenty of people have committed violence against others or taken great risks that profess no such beliefs. It's irrationality that leads to these things, not belief in/knowledge of an afterlife, which he, in a sense, did take into account. I think that he did a good job figuring out the real world considering how completely alien it would be to him.

And that's entirely too much thinking on stick figure theater.