Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

You ever try to put a piece of progressive (but Lawful Good) legislation through the House of Nobles while keeping your integrity? Slaying a dragon is a cakewalk comparatively ;)

I've heard that the House of Nobles doesn't have any real power. ;)

Poor Hinjo' date=' you'd think he'd at least have gotten a level in Aristocrat[/quote']

Isn't Paladin one of those classes where once you take a level in another class (excluding certain prestige classes), you can't go back to gaining Paladin levels? I know Monk works that way, but I don't remember if Paladin does as well.

Isn't Paladin one of those classes where once you take a level in another class (excluding certain prestige classes)' date=' you can't go back to gaining Paladin levels? I know Monk works that way, but I don't remember if Paladin does as well.[/quote']

Both of those, yeah.

JG

Isn't Paladin one of those classes where once you take a level in another class (excluding certain prestige classes)' date=' you can't go back to gaining Paladin levels? I know Monk works that way, but I don't remember if Paladin does as well.[/quote']

Opps. you're right. Poor Hinjo is stuck

It's D&D. Justifications are actually against the rules. All rulings must be arbitrary and without reason.

Wow. That about sums it up doesn't it?

Lucius Alexander

Wait til I get my hands on the guy who said the palindromedary was chaotic evil...

What if Xykon learned the "Epic Teleport" that can carry full armies when V used it? Can you learn spells by seeing them used?

Nope. It takes *way* more than just seeing a spell used -- like studying a scroll or spellbook with that spell. But even if that were somehow the case, he didn't see the casting of it. He just saw the arrival because of it, which is after it is finished being cast.

But unless the rules have changed (which they probably have) you can research spells "from scratch" without having even seen an example (that's where new spells come from)

Seeing a spell will at least show you that it can be done, which could lead you to research it ("reverse-engineer") - but that takes a long time.

Lucius Alexander

Epic Summon Palindromedary! (But first, Summon the ghost of Carl Sagan, so he can exclaim "BILlions and BILlions of palindromedaries!")

In the OotS game world, I'm sure Xykon can just choose the Epic Teleport spell the next time he levels up. He's a Sorcerer, so researching it and adding it to his spell book without leveling up isn't an option anyway unless he has some really funky feats. Remember the skit where Elan was considering becoming a Wizard? It could just be "assumed" that Xykon had done the required research, without him actually having to bother with it.