NPC Repository

• 2 weeks later...

Re: NPC Repository

Is there a good source for pre-statted NPCs for Hero 5th Champions setting? Being new to the game, creating NPCs from the ground up can be an arduous task and so I was looking for a good collection of pre-made characters, villians, mooks etc.

Thanks

If you're looking for Super Villains and the like, you might want to

aquire the book Conquerors, Killers & Crooks. For your basic Thugs,

Cops, etc., there are some examples in (as far as I know) all the

core books.

If you're looking for Super Villains and the like, you might want to

aquire the book Conquerors, Killers & Crooks. For your basic Thugs,

Cops, etc., there are some examples in (as far as I know) all the

core books.

I would second all that LREggers said. Also consider buying the PDF versions online and/or getting the prefabs if you use hero designer.

A benifit I have found in useing the Pre Fabs for Hero Designer is that I have more than once made only a few slight changes to a Pre Fab in order to get a new character.

Yes, if you're looking for villains, CKC is the book for you. If you are looking for Officer Friendly, Ace Reporter, Redheaded Journalist and Mayor Mann, you are pretty much out of luck. There might be such folks in Dark Champions but without those books I'd have no idea.

Is there a good source for pre-statted NPCs for Hero 5th Champions setting? Being new to the game' date=' creating NPCs from the ground up can be an arduous task and so I was looking for a good collection of pre-made characters, villians, mooks etc.[/quote']

There's my website (Surbrook's Stuff). I have a section devoted to character write-ups: http://surbrook.devermore.net/index/archive.html

In there you can find HERO System adaptations of characters from various anime, manga, books, comics, Hong Kong cinema, movies, other RPGS, video games, and what-not. There's also a set of my own original PCs, which includes several Champions characters. In addition, under the entry for "Books" you'll find a link to my Wild Cards write-ups, which would give you about 100-110 characters, ranging from normals to high-end supers.

Is there a good source for pre-statted NPCs for Hero 5th Champions setting? Being new to the game' date=' creating NPCs from the ground up can be an arduous task and so I was looking for a good collection of pre-made characters, villians, mooks etc.[/quote']

There's my website (Surbrook's Stuff). I have a section devoted to character write-ups: http://surbrook.devermore.net/index/archive.html

In there you can find HERO System adaptations of characters from various anime, manga, books, comics, Hong Kong cinema, movies, other RPGS, video games, and what-not. There's also a set of my own original PCs, which includes several Champions characters. In addition, under the entry for "Books" you'll find a link to my Wild Cards write-ups, which would give you about 100-110 characters, ranging from normals to high-end supers.

In addion to several excellent official published supplements there are a number of websites with characters. Check the links from the main hero page. There are a number of characters spread around on my site as well, though they are mostly example characters for material Ive created.

http://www.killershrike.com

If you check the links in the blue banner at the top of this page, the one called "Hero Links" will take you to a wide selection of fan websites covering all areas of HERO gaming. "Champions Links" contains quite a few websites, several of which have large collections of original characters from their campaigns.

If you'd like to see writeups for published characters from various comics companies, I suggest clicking on the link in my signature, below, and scrolling down to the bottom of the list, to "Published Comic Book Characters." There are a host of writeups providing different interpretations of many, many of those characters.

These are of course in addition to the very good characters published in Hero Games's Champions books, like the ones recommended earlier on this thread, which are part of the official Champs Universe.

Super Villains - Conquerors, Killers And Crooks; Evil Unleashed (upcoming release)

Mystic Villains - Arcane Advesaries

Fantasy Monsters - Monsters, Minions And Marauders

Pulp Villains - Masterminds & Madmen

Dark Champions Villains - Predators

Normal NPCs - Everyman (upcoming release)

General Creatures, Monsters, Beasties - Hero System Bestiary, Asian Beastiary 1 + 2.

Champions Heros - Champions World Wide

note: Everyman is currently at the printers and will probably be out in a few weeks, Evil Unleashed went to the printers late last week or will go sometime this week.

That said, all the Hero System books contain writeups of characters specific to their genre - you'll get some Sci-Fi example characters in the Star Hero book for example.