*What would you like to see: Traveller for HERO

Eodin

Re: *What would you like to see: Traveller for HERO

Well, they're probably not gonna change the basic game ideas, but there's nothing preventing you from making the Scout Service any kind of organization you want.

It is assumed that players of this game would already be acquainted with the Hero System Rules and the Star Hero modifications to said rules. Therefore, the only rules clarifications needed might be examples of how to create Traveller equipment with Hero stats.

I mean, let's face it... when it's all boiled down, this is going to be a Star Hero game. We'll just be using the Traveller Universe as the backdrop.

Personally, I'd like to see a more detailed writeup of the history of the Imperium... up to and including the current timeline.

Also, books about the alien races would be nice... with detailed descriptions of each race's physiology, psychology, social structure, and technological achievements. A few sample package deals for each race could also be included.

Let's also have complete writeups on all the inhabited sectors and subsectors.

Basically, I guess all we really need is background material like the above.

I'd like to see the Traveller Chargen system adapted to HERO. Granted, I don't think it should routinely result in 40+ year old characters, but the history that it develops was a high point for me.

Besides, they managed to do an acceptable adaptation for t20, THero should be even easier.

A carryover of one of the better elements of Trav Hero: detailed starship building guidelines in HERO System terms. It's one of the more frequent complaints I hear from SH players who want a more detailed breakdown than Hero Games books provide, and would probably lead to purchases by folks who might not buy just for the setting.

1. Detailed ship building system that combines Traveller's fluffy bits with Hero's mechanics.
  2. Package deals for the branches of service in Traveller similar to the Package deals in Dark Champions.
  3. Concise weapon tables.