Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Here is a real quickie sketch of a new PC of mind, Camden Waverunner. He is in a game run by the game system Reign (ORE). He is the product of a random chargen which was a lot of fun. If y'all are curious about our first session and discussion thereafter (and a map!), the actual play account is here:

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=339287

And here is the dashing First Mate of the pleasure galleon, The Pearl:

Camden.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/

Here is another offering from Death Tribble. His USMCorpse. This one was a lot of fun to do. Something about doing research and the difference in Viet Nam era uniforms to the current ones was sorta surprising... like I just kinda forgot what it looked like.

USMCorpse72.jpg

Hehe... Tribble the Punster. Or is it word play? Whichever... funny. The cigarette is a pretty funny gag, too. Hehehe. That's awesome.

The idea was simple and has been around a while. For a different fancy dress costume go in army fatigues with flour on your face and when someone asks who you are you chant

'1,2,3,4, United States Marine Corpse'

Then hanging around here and seeing the art and playing Chainsaw Warrior and reading Astro City, it struck me why not ?

So here it is. I like the colour of the AK against the uniform.

Really nice.

EDIT: And you know what they say, Once A Marine, Always a Marine.

I like the colour of the AK against the uniform.

Thanks DT, means quite a bit, since I actually kept touching up and repainting the AK and the uniform behind it as they were of such similar value (albeit different chroma) that it was a bit tough to differentiate. I think it came out nicely in the end though.

I've got a Marine Corpse in my game. He's the archenemy of the Seventh SEAL.

Got your e-mail. Some nice ideas. However you forgot the Marine is carrying an AK47. He gave up on the M16 in 'Nam and went with something that worked. He ain't changed since. On the basis if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

My version ain't the ghoul or zombie of Romero movies. He's a Revenant. Back from the dead to help the soldiers and civilians. But maybe not the officers or politicians......

Got your e-mail. Some nice ideas. However you forgot the Marine is carrying an AK47. He gave up on the M16 in 'Nam and went with something that worked. He ain't changed since. On the basis if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

My version ain't the ghoul or zombie of Romero movies. He's a Revenant. Back from the dead to help the soldiers and civilians. But maybe not the officers or politicians......

Heh, one of the guys I game with (Ross Watson) is an ex-Army Armorer. He hates the M-16 with a passion.

On the US Marine Corpse - I keep wondering if he should have his Dog Tags... Would they have been pulled off by a comrade, have one tucked away in the laces of his shoe?

But other than that I love the imagery... And the fact he'd John Wayne'd the helmet!

On the US Marine Corpse - I keep wondering if he should have his Dog Tags... Would they have been pulled off by a comrade, have one tucked away in the laces of his shoe?

But other than that I love the imagery... And the fact he'd John Wayne'd the helmet!

Dog tags woulda been good.

Here is Fantoma. Another pic for Death Tribble... as he explained it to me, a mix between a French Fu Manchu and Moriarty. Kinda a neat concept to bring up to date.

Fantoma72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

You missed the S. Fantomas. The 60s films of him are in a light vein but the early work by Allain and Souvestre. Fantomas is a criminal genius and master of disguise. And quite willing to kill. In the first book he gets someone else to take his place on the gallows to be hanged. In the second the book ends with Fantomas blowing up a train on which his police pursuer and the heroic journalist (when they were thought of as heroic) are on.

Here is another offering from Death Tribble. His USMCorpse. This one was a lot of fun to do. Something about doing research and the difference in Viet Nam era uniforms to the current ones was sorta surprising... like I just kinda forgot what it looked like.

USMCorpse72.jpg

Neat! It looks like the bullet holes were made after he became a corpse, and not before.

Here is Fantoma. Another pic for Death Tribble... as he explained it to me, a mix between a French Fu Manchu and Moriarty. Kinda a neat concept to bring up to date.

Fantoma72.jpg

Nice! But... no buttons?

Fantoma72.jpg

Love the Pic but the vest bothers me. The top left part goes over the right but on the bottom of the vest it's the other way around. But that just a nitpic, great work as always

Love the Pic but the vest bothers me. The top left part goes over the right but on the bottom of the vest it's the other way around. But that just a nitpic' date=' great work as always[/quote']

You too eh? I wasn't sure if I was just seeing it wrong, or if it was something else since I've never personally seen that type of vest before.

Love the Pic but the vest bothers me. The top left part goes over the right but on the bottom of the vest it's the other way around. But that just a nitpic' date=' great work as always[/quote']

awww... bite me. I did that on purpose. It is a "dated" concept, that needs a little bit of an uplift to come into the realm of superhero/villain arena. That was maybe too subtle, but it was whim to show a cue that this isn't period.

Here is Jetstream, for lb.

Jstream72.jpg

And Space Corsair for dw. Definitely a Saturn Girl w/ Star Girl crossed with pirate vibe going on. Odd how both concepts called for green costuming by the write-up.

SpCorsair72.jpg

awww... bite me. I did that on purpose. It is a "dated" concept, that needs a little bit of an uplift to come into the realm of superhero/villain arena. That was maybe too subtle, but it was whim to show a cue that this isn't period.

I paid for it and I'm happy. That's all that need concern anyone.