Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

I haven't done any character concepts in a bit. But I'm gearing up to do several. A couple of sketches from my own games are here too.

First up, some victorian Rune Punk characters...

Ashmoore72.jpg

By far one of my favorites of your work. What scale is the original? 11 x 8.5? Or larger?

By far one of my favorites of your work. What scale is the original? 11 x 8.5? Or larger?

Its fairly big, about 13" tall.

Here is one character concept, a husky, viking bard

Ralf72.jpg

... and 2 quickie starship sketches for Jeff's Aberrant/ Sci-Fi game. The big horseshoe thing is a stargate builder...which we teleported onto by accident. The thing is bigger than manhattan. Fun stuff.

GateBuildersk.jpg

And there is a really rough, elegant top of the tech, and my rough attempt to get at that basic idea of sophisticated elegance, yet still starship-y.

PansShip.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/

Its fairly big, about 13" tall.

Here is one character concept, a husky, viking bard

Ralf72.jpg

That is a lovely pic, but I can't help imagining the original player saying "You know, when I said he was husky, I didn't actually mean..." :D

That is a lovely pic' date=' but I can't help imagining the original player saying "You know, when I said he was [i']husky[/i], I didn't actually mean..." :D

LOL. When I re-read my post, I saw the same thing. I shoulda put husky, as in dog, not husky as football linebacker! Oh well. This is why I'm a paint slinger and not a word slinger.

We best not let it be known too widely that Storn can do things like this.

I know at least three people who would kidnap him and lock him in their kennels demanding more artwork like this bard based on their own chil... er, huskies.

The beat goes one. A wrap up of the 3 more "victorianpunk" pics. And one WWII character for Death Tribble. Not quite sure of her backstory. But he wanted an anti-vixen for the pic. No skin. No SS buxom domnatrixes. Just an iron cross around the neck.

Ezekial72.jpg

Freddy72.jpg

Heretic72.jpg

IronCross72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

I haven't done any character concepts in a bit. But I'm gearing up to do several. A couple of sketches from my own games are here too.

First up, some victorian Rune Punk characters...

Ashmoore72.jpg

I love this character. There's a real story behind this guy; what he's been through and what he can do.

The beat goes one. A wrap up of the 3 more "victorianpunk" pics. And one WWII character for Death Tribble. Not quite sure of her backstory. But he wanted an anti-vixen for the pic. No skin. No SS buxom domnatrixes. Just an iron cross around the neck.

Ezekial72.jpg

A classic! I feel like I've seen this guy in dozens of games. In fact, I've played him (or a reasonable facsimile thereof). :thumbup:

IronCross72.jpg

And the machine gun.

Back story is she was the first of the German paranormals prior to the 2nd World War and helped uncover others such as Uberman.

She was a believer and joined the SS serving with Heydrich rather than Himmler. She was head of the paranormals being more intelligent, more able and more loyal than the others.

From all the main timelines she died after finding out and seeing Auschwitz-Birkenau at first hand. She killed one of her subordinates for killing Jews there for fun. After that she became mad and died in a variety of different ways depending on the timeline.

However this version survived. And found a way to travel through time. Again and again she tried to alter the past but failed. She even tried replacing Hitler but that failed, things got worse.

She eventually came to the realisation that nothing she did would ever change the past. The War was lost for good. The future was a different story. And above all the Russians must suffer for what they did to the Fatherland.

I have no good name for her as I want to avoid Walkyrie, Uberfrau, Uberfraulein and Kreig Frau. As she is disowning the Nazi party she is not wearing what would be uniform.

And the gun ? It's one of those ever lasting guns. To get Desolid affects etc, she just takes the magazine out, thinks for a moment and replaces it. Also after about 20 shots she has to do the same.

The pic however could be used for a German Resistance fighter.

And I wanted something other than the typical Nazi woman in uniform.

This marks the 49th picture I have had from Storn as well.

I have no good name for her as I want to avoid Walkyrie' date=' Uberfrau, Uberfraulein and Kreig Frau. As she is disowning the Nazi party she is not wearing what would be uniform.[/quote']

Just playing off the Iron Cross she's wearing....

Eisen-Engel, Eisen-Herz (Iron Angel, Iron Heart)

I never said I was good at German Grammer ... heck I'm not even good at English Grammar :)

I think Eisenherz, given it roughly does translate as Valiant, is rather cool. Because that's the first thing I thought of but couldn't find a proper translation from English before. After all she is valiantly fighting as a German Patriot in her surviving time line.

You don't have to be good at German grammar. Just ask me.;)

Eisenherz is not a translation of valiant but rather a metaphor. But I can easily acknowledge the reason you gave to call her Eisenherz nonetheless. OK!:thumbup:

What about these names:

Fräulein Wunder (Miss Wonder)

Die Eiserne Dame (the Iron Lady)

Mutter Macht (Mother Power)

Der Reichsengel (the Reich's Angel)

Sorry, if these sound lame. I have to think about it for a while longer I suppose.

Here is an Eberron character-- sorta a psychic rogue

Nox72.jpg

And here is Crimson colored. He is from the most recent Spirit of the Century pulp noir game I'm in.

Crimson72-1.jpg

And if you want to see the writeup/ stats of the character, I put it up on my google documents here:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df5zsgg3_3c55n53

Throwing Knife?

Yup. Sketches at the table, during the game, tend to be pretty quick affairs. I don't belabor much. I concede that is a pretty, lumpy object in his hand... but the Crimson Knives....which confuses things visually a bit... are an Aspect on the character sheet. It is part of the characters background and "schtick".

Nox72.jpg

And here is Crimson colored. He is from the most recent Spirit of the Century pulp noir game I'm in.

Crimson72-1.jpg

And if you want to see the writeup/ stats of the character, I put it up on my google documents here:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df5zsgg3_3c55n53

Wicked. :D

JG

Nox72.jpg

Very nice. That mask is a bit confusing, is it intentional?

Crimson72-1.jpg

Oooh, I love this one. :thumbup:

What is he holding in his left hand ?

It's obviously a butter knife covered in raspberry jam. :D