Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

You can have it as a giant machine but my own idea is that it is 6 feet tall. And immune to ego powers so you have no earthly idea what it is and why it is.

So that figure is only 6' tall? :shock: I totally thought those were full sized people in there.

Death Tribble Commisssions

Dear Mr. Death Tribble,

every time I see Storn's amazing artwork for your truly mind-bending characters, I realize that I have a very limited imagination.

How do you come up with stuff like that? What is your secret? Please share it!

That last one was really fantastic, but I still admire Dr. Snail and Col. Blinky.

Something a bit new for me today. My friend Aaron has been after me for months to do this weekly challenge over at Ten Ton Studios, a comic book forum (link here: http://www.tentonstudios.com/forum/index.php?topic=4816.0)

Well. Nexus is one of the cooler outfits in my opinion and it got me off my duff to participate. I've also been meaning to return to doing some acrylics. So, I killed two birds with one stone today.

And here is Nexus...

Nexus72.jpg

Something a bit new for me today. My friend Aaron has been after me for months to do this weekly challenge over at Ten Ton Studios, a comic book forum (link here: http://www.tentonstudios.com/forum/index.php?topic=4816.0)

Well. Nexus is one of the cooler outfits in my opinion and it got me off my duff to participate. I've also been meaning to return to doing some acrylics. So, I killed two birds with one stone today.

And here is Nexus...

Very nice. I've never actually read any Nexus, but I've always liked the costume myself.

And here is Nexus...

Nexus72.jpg

Speaking as a fan of Nexus, I have to give you some massive credit there Storn. I think you captured the character perfectly. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::)

This watercolor and gouache on watercolor paper about 10.5 x 15.25. The Master of Kung Fu goes up versus The Hand. Kung fu vs. ninjitsu. If Bruce Lee was the definitive model for Shang Chi in the 70s, I pushed towards an older guy (he is a master, after all) based more on a combo of Donnie Yen and Jet Li. I had the idea for doing a bit of sequential fight choreography the day after I put up the challenge. I knew I had to slap it down.

MoKF72.jpg

This has to be one of my favourites. I want it on a T Shirt :)

Storn - do you have any Cafe-Press type arrangement for things like that?

No I don't. But I really should look into that. Which one are you interested in tshirt wise? The Shang Chi one?

A couple of battlin' babes. First up is Lioness for Death Tribble. Next is a flying, brick, type super with a police background.

Lioness72.jpg

Miracle72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/

BTW' date=' Storn, your stuff shows up repeatedly in the Traditional Games section of 4chan. Especially when ever someone starts a character portrait thread.[/quote']

Michael, can you give me a link? Thanks for pointing that out!

That has got to be one of the worst designed and moderated forums I've ever seen. Er wait, something tells me it isn't moderated at all...

Metric butt-load of stupidity is a huge understatement...

I'm guessing the threads are where the lines are? That is horrible to navigate there. Makes me really really cherish the Hero Boards.