Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Here are couple of more commissions. The first is based on someone real' date=' Virginia Dare...although the campaign has supernatural powers and the like ala Solomon Kane... and speaking of which, not intentional, but the 2nd one reminds me a bit of Solomon Kane if the dude was 20s and well-adjusted.... which Howard's Kane is definitely not well-adjusted. [/quote']

Well, if it's well-adjusted you want, then you don't want REH, now do you? :D

So how does this thread work? If someone has an idea for a piece by Storn can we post it here and let him decide if he feels like doing it? I mean I realise that he is busy and that he posts here as a kindness, I just wonder how it is desided what gets done...

Ok, to come clean I would love to see my character Ageis done, but can't afford it...

So how does this thread work? If someone has an idea for a piece by Storn can we post it here and let him decide if he feels like doing it? I mean I realise that he is busy and that he posts here as a kindness, I just wonder how it is desided what gets done...

Ok, to come clean I would love to see my character Ageis done, but can't afford it...

No, he posts his art and gaming stories here. Most of the art is commissions or gaming sketches.

I don't have time to take requests. Unless these are from my own games, which occasionally happens, as I often doodle while being a player (not as a GM, too much I have to handle then...), 99% of these are paid commissions.

This commission was really something of a fun challenge. Here is a Forgotten Realms character, a cleric of Olidammara. The god of rogues, scoundrels, the Laughing Rogue God etc. The trick here was to walk the line between some kind of clerical order, an affiliation. And to still make the young man kind of roguish.

The chain, the magic rapier were asked for. But the patron also asked for napoleonic styled cartridge case for a sling... and that I think was the key. I sorta went 1/3 Napoleonic uniform, 1/3 3 musketeer uniform, and 1/3 typical rogue in shirt, bandana, goatee and pose-attitude.

I think it works pretty well.

Conall72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5

This commission was really something of a fun challenge. Here is a Forgotten Realms character, a cleric of Olidammara. The god of rogues, scoundrels, the Laughing Rogue God etc. The trick here was to walk the line between some kind of clerical order, an affiliation. And to still make the young man kind of roguish.

The chain, the magic rapier were asked for. But the patron also asked for napoleonic styled cartridge case for a sling... and that I think was the key. I sorta went 1/3 Napoleonic uniform, 1/3 3 musketeer uniform, and 1/3 typical rogue in shirt, bandana, goatee and pose-attitude.

I think it works pretty well.

Conall72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Oh, I really like this one...faved! :D

Odd. My browser is showing a page 193, but going to Last Page from the forum menu or clicking on > or 193 at the bottom of 192 puts me back on 192...

Posting in an attempt to see if 193 exists, and possibly get there if it does.

EDIT: Hmm, this post ended up on 192...but all of the above is still true. Will we ever reach the mythical land of 193??

How about some art for page 193?

Something a little different for me... I haven't done a pilot and craft shot in about 4 years... I think I did a cut-down millenium falcon awhile back. The patron supplied Macross reference and a bit of modern pilot shots... I combined the two modes of reference into this shot. Hope y'all like.

I also played around with ink line, by inking the pilot, but leaving the ship a bit softer (color right onto the pencils themselves)... letting be a little softer and hopefully, push back into space a bit. As one of the things I liked from the Macross reference was pilot and plane were close in color... and to separate the two, I let the ink line diffrentiate the two similar color schemes.

Pilot72.jpg

Conall72.jpg

My husband says "What, Pirates of the Caribbean go Homo?"

I respond "isn't that a little redundant?"

What it comes down to is that rapiers and other long pointy swords do have a rather homosexual connotation. There's been too much exposure through old movies of guys with little skinny swords, long hair and tights. Might have been ok in the 1950s (well not as overtly homosexual), but these days that outfit just screams "HOMO!"

I think it's pretty well done. But it did strike me as odd, that someone not of our "rpg-demographic" would carry through such feelings.

Unless of course, Storn intended him to set off gay-dar, in which case...KUDOS! :)

Pilot72.jpg

LOVIN IT!! I just realised that most of your pics are person only. No horses, cars, motorcycles, planes. Nicely done.

Do you find it personally difficult to draw non-people? I had one friend growing up that could draw everything but people and one in uni that could draw only people. I've seen quite a bit of your other work (especially for some of the web-comics and MtG cards) and know that you (obviously, looking above) can do the non-people...but do you find one easier than the other and do you have any theory as to the reason?

Yes, I'm feeling all Barbara Walters all the sudden.