Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Speedball's "Storn Cook Original" costume

Originally posted by Speedball

I couldn't be happier with what you came up with, Storn. I only hope you can use it in a book! (I assume I'll be getting a share of the royalties, if that's the case...)

Keep it up!

YOu bet Geoff! Lunch is on me! .

Here is a private commission for I believe is a Mutants and Masterminds character... it might be Champions. The character is from the fertile imaginings of Paul Cocker. Forgive me Paul if it isn't M&M and something else.

Dragoon.

btw, the two figures are one and the same, due to mystic transformation. Although, cynical P.I. and his pet mandragon could tell a few stories I bet...

Titans of Tomorrow...

Looks like his ToT character. We (primarily) use the Hero System rules for this, but since it's more of an interactive fiction "game," nearly any system would fit... ;)

Charlie

P.S. Damn fine rendering of the character, BTW. You've given me a few ideas for some nasty things to do to the character... :D

Originally posted by Durnin

Oh, I keep meaning to ask, what part of Southfield are you from?

Just off of Evergreen (btwn 10 and 11 mile). My house front view faces the golf course, although cannot see it through the trees.

Anyway, here is yet another character from Neil's RDU champions game. This is a player character called Ombra ("shadow" in Italian). And is a mimic and impersonator as well as a very tough and defensive mini-"brick". Done with digital "watercolor" over pencils.

I like Marvel's Speedball in Busieks first 2 or 3 years of New Warriors. couldn't stand him in his own comic.

Anyway;

Here is a private commission for a fantasy game. Here is Viktor. Paladin of a sun-god. Flaming sword and shield enchanted to work without a wielder in protection of said Viktor.

Works in certain superhero settings.....

Originally posted by Storn

I like Marvel's Speedball in Busieks first 2 or 3 years of New Warriors. couldn't stand him in his own comic.

Anyway;

Here is a private commission for a fantasy game. Here is Viktor. Paladin of a sun-god. Flaming sword and shield enchanted to work without a wielder in protection of said Viktor.

Works in certain superhero settings.....

We don't want you to get a swelled head with all the complements but... this is a really terrific picture!!

I ran my black ops game last night. If you are interested.....The continuing saga is over on the Green Ronin boards:

http://www.greenronin.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=52623#52623

And here is an updated Gunmetal Silk picture that I did for the game. She is an important NPC for awhile now, as she is the twin of Neil's PC. It was fun re-visiting a published character, that I actually illustrated many years ago.

I remember Gunmetal Silk. Still have that book.

Nice. And the Paladin as well.

Tell if there are any problems with this. If you saw the Catsuit thread in Non-Gaming discusiion then you will have seen various women's pictures uploaded. If I wanted you to convert one of these into a Superhero figure would that be a problem ? I am thinking IP and copyright more than anything else.

Maybe he has a nasty teleport uao that he uses to send targets "over yonder"

Originally posted by Storn

Ok, this guy is a totally weirdo. I must have had my circle template that day. I have no idea why he has a "Y" on his chest. The only thing I could think of to name the scan file was "Yonder". What a dumb code name. Yup, he might be one of those super villains whose sole purpose in life is to just get the snot beat out of him because he is simply an enormous doofus.

...and no... I'm not on crack.

Originally posted by death tribble

I remember Gunmetal Silk. Still have that book.

Nice. And the Paladin as well.

Tell if there are any problems with this. If you saw the Catsuit thread in Non-Gaming discusiion then you will have seen various women's pictures uploaded. If I wanted you to convert one of these into a Superhero figure would that be a problem ? I am thinking IP and copyright more than anything else.

I have not seen the Catsuit thread. I looked for it, but could not find it.

Are you asking if I did a commission based of another's picture/photo?

The general rule of thumb is that you should change the image 60%. So, if there is a photo of a woman wearing a catsuit... and I completely change the pose, but there is a likeness in the face... that is cool. If I trace the pose, keep the clothes and there is a likeness in the face... that ain't cool.

If it is DC's Catwoman and her particular costume... that is tricky. REally, it is illegal for me to draw a DC character unless it is for portfolio purposes to show DC themselves. I'm not even allowed to take that comic book page and approach Marvel to demonstrate my abilities.... Now, it happens all the time anyway, because no money is exchanging hands when you show a portfolio to 20 art editors over 5 comic book companies. A blind eye is turned. And certainly there are many artists who do published characters and sell them. (happens at Cons ALL the time, right under the noises of the companies who own the characters). I've even done it myself. But as far as I know, its not legal.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been a bit busy. However, there is an update on the Green Ronin board of the storyline.

And here is Dr. Boloz, the insane cyberneticist who is a key figure in the last few eps. This was an insanely quick sketch. Yet it had my players howling with laughter and imitating the gesture of Dr. Boloz "I want a bologna sandwich!". So it must be worth something.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Storn !

I am just another of your many fans and I wanted to let you know how much I continue to enjoy the few pieces of artwork that you share with us here.

Even as great as your work is, its clear to see that it continues to improve.

I really like the updated Gunmetal Silk and Vector too. :cool:

Originally posted by Blue

Great pictures, but Dr. Boloz has just been swiped! I have been having trouble drawing a villain in my campaign. This is very close to what I was thinking for age, general build, hair, and you even got the correct hand :)

Thanks Storn!

That is very cool to hear. Glad he got swiped. He got away in my game! He'll be back....

Originally posted by Barrier

Hey Storn !

I am just another of your many fans and I wanted to let you know how much I continue to enjoy the few pieces of artwork that you share with us here.

Even as great as your work is, its clear to see that it continues to improve.

I really like the updated Gunmetal Silk and Vector too. :cool:

Its building up to more than just a few . But thanks, it is feedback and admittedly ego -stroking that keeps me posting. With out it, I would just simply do the artwork for my games and not share. But I hope folks get a kick out of this stuff and maybe even an occasional villain or hero pic to use in their own games.

Thrilled you like the stuff.

Heh. Ego-stroking is one things that keeps a lot of us artists happy doing what we do!

I enjoy seeing your character designs Storn. Keep up the good work. I've been wanting to share some of my characters too, but my life has been super busy now that I have a baby on the way. In three weeks actually! YIKES! Back to work! ;)

Originally posted by Nato

I enjoy seeing your character designs Storn. Keep up the good work. I've been wanting to share some of my characters too, but my life has been super busy now that I have a baby on the way. In three weeks actually! YIKES! Back to work! ;)

Congrats. Btw, I'm slowly slogging through Fantasy Hero and have been very impressed with the art. I like the varied look that the different artists give.

Me too. I love looking at the art when I get my books!

Since this is Storn's thread, I'll have to say that there were a few really great pieces by him as well. I love the fantasy styling on them, such as the messager at the woman's door. Great trim around the door and on the clothes. Pretty cool.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Nato

Heh. Ego-stroking is one things that keeps a lot of us artists happy doing what we do!

Nato, it sounds like you also create character designs, unless I'm reading into this. Have I missed something?

Originally posted by Tech

Nato, it sounds like you also create character designs, unless I'm reading into this. Have I missed something?

Are you kidding? Nato is the Unstoppable Art Machine of Hero Games. I think he must be the Steve Long of illustration.

Keith "Credit where credit is due" Curtis