Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Here is a speedster with truncheons. And maybe a bit of martial arts prowess?

Greyhound72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5

This is the Liefeld pose, but with anatomy! And talent and skill and competence.

I really like your portraiture, Storn, but when you incorporate movement you knock it out of the park.

This is the Liefeld pose, but with anatomy! And talent and skill and competence.

I really like your portraiture, Storn, but when you incorporate movement you knock it out of the park.

I tend NOT to do a lot of foreshortening in my portraits of characters, because SO much of these are showing the character... and that sorta demands head to toe..., so it is very few character concepts that I feel like I can do something extreme, like what I did here.... but with Greyhound here... who cares what his torso looks like... the idea to get across is speed and action.

But if I'm doing a superman or green lantern clone... then we probably want to see the torso, whatever chest design the character might have... fantasy characters are even tougher, as they tend to have laden belts with daggers, swords, potions and the like.

But I do want to keep pushing the action a bit on these. So, I'll continue to scratch my head and try to come up with poses that are action oriented and still convey the essence of the character.

Here is an interdimensional superhero (or villain!) who can reform himself into thin shards, throw them around, teleport by forming in a new place. nasty.

Shard72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Look at me, I'm in tatters!

I'm a shattered.

Very creepy, Storn! I wonder how many years of bad luck he is?

Continuing on with some more art from John Wick's upcoming Houses of the Blooded, here are two more pics.

The first one is for the chapter on Risk:

Risk72.jpg

The second one is the chapter on revenge:

Rev100.jpg

And if you are interested in some of John's thoughts on this very cool game, here is the link to his design blog:

http://wickedthought.livejournal.com...of+the+blooded

Death Tribble's Necro-woman.

Necro72.jpg

And 2 versions of the War of the World tripods, one classic old skool... the other, a bit more modern (and perhaps a bit of anime influences seeping into my subconscious now that I think about it.)

WofW72.jpg

I got a chance to work on Mutants and Masterminds supplement, Books of Magic, which was a ton of fun for me, as I'm a big Doc Strange fan. Got to work on my inner Ditko!

I always forget to post my published work, because it takes months for the work to come free of NDAs. By the time it happens, I've moved onto other things. But I got a nice email from someone who had bought the book and liked my work in it.

So here is a sampling of what I did for Books of Magic. Just to plug one of fav clients....Here is a link to the actual product over at Green Ronin:

http://greenronin.com/store/grr2518/

Ways72.jpg

Shambala72.jpg

LemuriaFall72.jpg

EldrichRise72.jpg

Dream72.jpg

Green Ronin owns these images.... nuff said.

Death Tribble's Necro-woman.

Necro72.jpg

And 2 versions of the War of the World tripods, one classic old skool... the other, a bit more modern (and perhaps a bit of anime influences seeping into my subconscious now that I think about it.)

WofW72.jpg

Wednesday Addams, all grown up. :D

And amazingly, the Martian tripods are even better.

jg

She's just a necro woman with evil on her mind

Beware the necro woman, she's got your zombies in a bind.

Evil woman how you done me wrong,

But now you're tryin' to wail a different song.

Ha ha funny how you broke me up, you made the wine now you drink the cup.

I came runnin every time you cried,

Thought I saw love smilin in your eyes,

Ha ha very nice to know, that you aint got no place left to go.

Chorus.

:D

Nice pic!

I like to keep trying new techniques (for me, they are probably from centuries to decades old). And sometimes it is a good thing to play around before trying it on a job. Ten Ton Studios weekly challenge is a good way to play.

I have done watercolor and I have done brush inking before, but I've only tried combining it a couple of times, about 12 years ago. Doing watercolor over black india ink results in a thin discoloration over the black line I do not like. This time I inked it AFTER the watercolor was put down.

I wanted to see if it would work for the "right vibe" for an upcoming job. It doesn't. But it is still a fun thing to try and it might work for some other kind of job down the line.

This weekly's challenge is Witchblade. Here is the link to the sketch challenge so y'all can see (and vote for your fave) the plethora of scantily clad, phallic wielding, warrior women. Voting begins and ends tomorrow (Thursday).

http://www.tentonstudios.com/forum/index.php?topic=5612.msg89001#new

And after all that babble, here is my entry:

Wblade72.jpg

I got a chance to work on Mutants and Masterminds supplement, Books of Magic, which was a ton of fun for me, as I'm a big Doc Strange fan. Got to work on my inner Ditko!

Dream72.jpg

Green Ronin owns these images.... nuff said.

This one is... I don't like the skin tone, and she looks too boney. Unless, of course, she's a zombie?