Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

I like to keep trying new techniques (for me, they are probably from centuries to decades old). And sometimes it is a good thing to play around before trying it on a job. Ten Ton Studios weekly challenge is a good way to play.

I have done watercolor and I have done brush inking before, but I've only tried combining it a couple of times, about 12 years ago. Doing watercolor over black india ink results in a thin discoloration over the black line I do not like. This time I inked it AFTER the watercolor was put down.

I wanted to see if it would work for the "right vibe" for an upcoming job. It doesn't. But it is still a fun thing to try and it might work for some other kind of job down the line.

This weekly's challenge is Witchblade. Here is the link to the sketch challenge so y'all can see (and vote for your fave) the plethora of scantily clad, phallic wielding, warrior women. Voting begins and ends tomorrow (Thursday).

http://www.tentonstudios.com/forum/index.php?topic=5612.msg89001#new

So far yours is the best (at least because you can use color) but a couple of others are really good.

jg

I like to keep trying new techniques (for me, they are probably from centuries to decades old). And sometimes it is a good thing to play around before trying it on a job. Ten Ton Studios weekly challenge is a good way to play.

I like the fact that you did not limit yourself to the space available on the page. I like pictures that are bigger than the frame.

Re: Shard

I had a character in a game I ran that was named Shard. He was a mild mannered glass repairman. After a while he started selling glass repair insurance. His picture looked a LOT like this one. He had a RKA with high stun mod and low dice (1d6 with +5 stun mod or something like that), teleport, force field, and missile deflection. Fun character! :)

I have done watercolor and I have done brush inking before, but I've only tried combining it a couple of times, about 12 years ago. Doing watercolor over black india ink results in a thin discoloration over the black line I do not like. This time I inked it AFTER the watercolor was put down.

I wanted to see if it would work for the "right vibe" for an upcoming job. It doesn't. But it is still a fun thing to try and it might work for some other kind of job down the line.

I think it looks neat. The color and how it sits is very interesting to me. It has a lot of potential. Thanks for sharing it. Nice work.

A crane samurai for a Legend of 5 Rings game...

Y'know Tribble, there's an idea for one of your commissions -- a "crane" samurai. Y'know, a steam shovel or the like in armor with a huge katana. Sort of like Transformers meets Ronin Warriors (or something like that).

This weekly's challenge is Witchblade. Here is the link to the sketch challenge so y'all can see (and vote for your fave) the plethora of scantily clad, phallic wielding, warrior women. Voting begins and ends tomorrow (Thursday).

http://www.tentonstudios.com/forum/index.php?topic=5612.msg89001#new

Lovely entry!! I appreciate how you drew her with curves. HA! How did you do on that challenge?

Y'know Tribble' date=' there's an idea for one of your commissions -- a "crane" samurai. Y'know, a steam shovel or the like in armor with a huge katana. Sort of like Transformers meets Ronin Warriors (or something like that).[/quote']

Methinks thou mockest me.

First up, let me lay another Ten Ton Studio weekly challenge on y'all. The challenge is "What Would Hellboy Do on Summer Vacation?". Here is my answer... or rather, this is what I do in the summer a lot and I have even been teaching a wee bit.

Here is the link to Ten Ton, so y'all can see what my fellow wacky artists have come up with...

http://www.tentonstudios.com/forum/index.php?topic=5691.0

Voting starts tomorrow. gotta join the forum to vote.

Htennis72.jpg

Next, last night I got the chance to get in on a 4th ed D&D game. Or the prelim discussion, as the books have been ordered by several of us. Hopefully, we can start next week.

My character is going to be from a kinda gypsy faction of the Eladrin, but the GM, B., wanted to kick it up to 11 on the weird, fantastic, mystical scale. So instead of wagons and ponies, after a bit of discussion, my "tribe's caravans" actually teleport around, courtesy of the Master or Mistress of Tents. A powerful otherworldly fey entity that supports 6 or 7 of these caravans.

Unfortunately, my PC's call to action is the utter wiping out of his family, caravan and Master of Tents. But while we were b.s.ing our way through this all, I quickly sketched the Master of Tents.

MofTents72.jpg

. . . Reminds me of the Kao-na-ji from Spirited Away. :)

Miyazaki was referenced in the conversation we had. I went to B., "oh, have you seen spirited away?" He said "yes."... I said, "kinda like that?" He went "sure..." and I started doodling.

The good borrow.

Genius Steals.