Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Hey all...

Forgive me for asking...My Search-fu is weak apparently.

Do I recall some time ago someone did a cardboard hero set from Storn's wonderful character art. If so, and if it is legal and approved and all, I would love to get a copy. I am looking for good minis and Storn's art is some of the best out there.

Any help?

Hey all...

Forgive me for asking...My Search-fu is weak apparently.

Do I recall some time ago someone did a cardboard hero set from Storn's wonderful character art. If so, and if it is legal and approved and all, I would love to get a copy. I am looking for good minis and Storn's art is some of the best out there.

Any help?

It's seems legal, Steve being a lawyer type and all. Check out the Free Stuff in the Hero System Resources section. It's toward the bottom of the page.

This odd one is another from the Hero Games boards semi-contest hosted by Death Tribble for unusual superheroes/villains.

EvilHead72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5

And I finally, finally got around to entering another one of Top Ten Studios sketch challenges. This time around, it is Supergirl, and we can re-imagine her costume a bit. I didn't stray too far though... If you like, come to Ten Ton Studios and vote on yer favorite sketch!

supergirl72.jpg

(not creative commons)

ten ton studios link: http://www.tentonstudios.com/forum/index.php?topic=6263.0

This odd one is another from the Hero Games boards semi-contest hosted by Death Tribble for unusual superheroes/villains.

EvilHead72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

And I finally, finally got around to entering another one of Top Ten Studios sketch challenges. This time around, it is Supergirl, and we can re-imagine her costume a bit. I didn't stray too far though... If you like, come to Ten Ton Studios and vote on yer favorite sketch!

supergirl72.jpg

(not creative commons)

nice

No disrespect Storn... But I gotta say that polka dots are my fav so far.:smoke:

I thought the ones with the polka-dotted underwear was nice, but the skirt's proportions were all off just to make the point of showing the panties. =/ It looks like its about 5 inches long in front and about 18 inches in the back, which just makes super-girl a bad seamstress or really... naughty.

I never minded the skirt so much, it was kind of appealing yet never became an excuse to flip out of the way and all that junk. Yeah, its way short, but still better than the normal costume without the skirt...

I liked Storn's as well. Always nice to actually see more of a different take on the character, and I thought the change of lines and the whole diamond/triangular flow of things was done nicely.

I didn't care for most of the ones posted, but some of the more cartoon style postings were pretty amusing.

Anyway, I did the local con here in Ithaca awhile back. I had a guy ask me for sketches, the Adam Strange one is an alphabet book of sketches for his new son. He just sent me digital camera shots... not the best quality... you can see "B is for Batgirl" on the next page, but I think these have a fun vibe that I often get when working in public. It was fun to doodle in front of folks, almost as performance art. The little Ithacon is a fun little show and I really enjoy doing it.

AdamStrange72.jpg

BlackPanther72.jpg

BaronZemo72.jpg

(these 3 are NOT creative commons)

Storn's was my fav. I also liked the "girl" Supergirls. The rest weren't really "Re-imagined" as much as "look' date=' I drew Supergirl!"[/quote']

Well, to be fair to my fellow artists, it was our choice if we wanted to reimagine or take something from the long history of costume choices of Supergirl.

Some more supers commissions. A shapechanger and a martial artist who can split into 6 versions of himself. I only showed 3... seemed a bit redundant visually to go to all 6.

Juraissic72.jpg

Multiply72.jpg

EvilHead72.jpg

Hmm, it's a male pennangalan* (except that he's not trailing his dripping viscera behind him the way the ladies do).

*Malaysian vampire -- almost always female -- who looks like a comely woman...except when she's feeding. At night, the pennangalan detaches her head from her body, and -- with the entire mass of her digestive organs trailing below it -- sends it flying out to hunt human blood. Upon its return, the full-fed head is often obliged to soak its engorged guts in vinegar before it can pack the innards back into its body and reattach itself.

Hmm, it's a male pennangalan* (except that he's not trailing his dripping viscera behind him the way the ladies do).

*Malaysian vampire -- almost always female -- who looks like a comely woman...except when she's feeding. At night, the pennangalan detaches her head from her body, and -- with the entire mass of her digestive organs trailing below it -- sends it flying out to hunt human blood. Upon its return, the full-fed head is often obliged to soak its engorged guts in vinegar before it can pack the innards back into its body and reattach itself.

Write up in the Asian Bestiary. :D

It also reminds me of the American Indian "Big Head."