Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Originally posted by Tech

I have to say that I'm impressed that this thread is still active. I guess it simply means that Storn's art rocks.

I hope so.

Anyway, here is a private commission for a Mr. Turner who created this L5R character. Good for evil ninjas and oriental sorcerors everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Tight deadline of Oct 10th for 2 projects, one is artwork for Hero. I'm gaming this weekend, so I'm loosing a bit of time there. And I haven't done any illos for my own games nor have I gotten any character commissions.

Although I do expect one commission next week, so expect to see some artwork with zombies after the 10th sometime. Cause I have nothing on my schedule after the 10th.

Sincerely;

the "watercolor" pic

I liked the pic, with Champions and other predominantly "hero" based games, it is refreshing to see a character not dressed in spandex.

I liked the sense of motion and style of the pic, whether intended or not. It provides the right feel for the character

Some pictures are great with specific detail and vivid colors, but the feeling can be lost in the "glossy" finish.

Nice pic, and thank you for posting it for free.

• 2 weeks later...

Something different...

I had to convert a screen photo of my S.O.'s work place into line art. The screen photo was blurring too much when being printed on pourous material like cardboard boxes.

Just thought i would drop it here too, just in case Supervillains and Heroes need to tussle it up in Main Street, Small Town, USA.

For the record, this is Quinn's Essentials in a 1840s (I think, pretty damn close) hotel building. My girl friend, Susanne, is the head designer of the Interior Design dept. (That is Designer, she has a degree... not decorator!). It is located in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Yup, Ypsilanti... settled by Capt. Ypsilanti, a greek sea commander who made a fortune in loot fighting the Turks in the 1820s. Died in the 1840s fighting the Turks again in that later confrontation. Ain't History fun?

Re: Something different...

Originally posted by Storn

I had to convert a screen photo of my S.O.'s work place into line art. The screen photo was blurring too much when being printed on pourous material like cardboard boxes.

Just thought i would drop it here too, just in case Supervillains and Heroes need to tussle it up in Main Street, Small Town, USA.

For the record, this is Quinn's Essentials in a 1840s (I think, pretty damn close) hotel building. My girl friend, Susanne, is the head designer of the Interior Design dept. (That is Designer, she has a degree... not decorator!). It is located in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Yup, Ypsilanti... settled by Capt. Ypsilanti, a greek sea commander who made a fortune in loot fighting the Turks in the 1820s. Died in the 1840s fighting the Turks again in that later confrontation. Ain't History fun?

I think I've seen that building, or something similar. I used to live in Ypsilanti right by the big central park. We actually lived above a BBQ place in a strip mall. I can't remember the names of the streets though. I was too young. I'll have to ask my mom where that was exactly.

Re: Re: Something different...

Originally posted by Durnin

I think I've seen that building, or something similar. I used to live in Ypsilanti right by the big central park. We actually lived above a BBQ place in a strip mall. I can't remember the names of the streets though. I was too young. I'll have to ask my mom where that was exactly.

The area in Ypsi where the building is, is now called Depot Town...and i think its Cross street, which later becomes Washtenaw as it goes towards Ann Arbor. Anyway, Depot Town was a dump in the 70s, but is now a quaint street of shops and restaurants. I met Susanne at Sticks, one of the bars of depot town, on Valentine's Day.... pretty easy to remember my anniversary... and my life has been intertwined with Ypsilanti ever since.

Father Donz (and any other interested parties)... go to my website. Click on Character Commissions. The sidebar has contact info, price and Paypal. And there are few examples of Commissions done for other folks.

Thanks for the question! Always love and NEED a chance to promote my meager talents!

Here is a commission for a husband and wife gaming couple. Hers is Sina, a jedi in their star wars game... and his is Catalyst, a mystic in their superhero game. Together for the first time!!! Or some such hyberbole. .

Credit where credit is due; Characters are by: Barry & Sina Reese.

Anyway, enjoy.

Originally posted by Storn

Father Donz (and any other interested parties)... go to my website. Click on Character Commissions. The sidebar has contact info, price and Paypal. And there are few examples of Commissions done for other folks.

Thanks for the question! Always love and NEED a chance to promote my meager talents!

Meager talents? (cough) Me thinkest thou jestest. Anyways, great work on that last pic. Star Wars & Superhero characters together... must've been quite a game!

Originally posted by cubist

Bumpity bump bump- how about some more artwork there Storn?

Well, this isn't exactly superheroes.... This is Sinbad and the Old Man in the Sea. A private commission for Frank de la Vina.

The Old Man rides young mens shoulders til they die from exhaustion. Is such a fate in store for our beloved hero, Sinbad?