Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

A new Catspaw page went up yesterday. Here be the link:

http://www.webcomicsnation.com/storn/

Also, starting on this huge pile of commissions to get through, today, we've got two powersuits and a female mage. So, enjoy. If you have a commission in with me, be patient, I'm working my way through the queue.

Femiron72.jpg

Jeepmecha72.jpg

kiera72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

What about the facemask of the first one? I looks awkward to me. What was the intention with that?

Actually looks like it wouldn't impair peripheral vision at all.

I love how you played with proportion on both of the powersuits, Storn, unless the elongated limbs of the gold-and-black are just an optical trick. Or it's being worn by a member of the WNBA.

Another eclectic post today. We've got a goth girl, a somewhat alien powersuit, a super team and my newest incarnation of my d&D 4th ed character, Kendric.

Kendric was kinda fun. New technique (started to use "wet" oil brushes in Painter on a ground, been using oils in Painter before, but the wet ones really work differently (and awesomely)). Kendric was a warrior/fighter, but a recent appearance of an ancient, unknown god (the god of secrets), Kendric swore feality and became an invoker. (I was bored being a fighter... this made sense in the in-game fiction as well as providing new toys for me to play with.)

I really like Kendric as an invoker, but kept a lot of the look from the original pic. Kendric was a cop in The City (never was named in our fiction) and then went on the run. See here:

Kendricsk72.jpg

And now, here is the "transformed by divine fires and a year long search for arcane knowledge" pic... Now, he is kinda cross of a noir private investigator, the Shadow, and your typical fantasy ranger look (I think it is the hat). Also my take on the Sunleaf Armor (hide). Off beat, but fits the character I think really well....

KenInvoke72.jpg

And onto the other folks commissions... nuff talk about my character... Alien-guvyer inspired power armor...

Plasmid72.jpg

The goth girl is for Death Tribble, not really sure of her power/skill set. The info given to me was ambiguous in that sense.

Gothgirl72.jpg

And havent done a super villain team in a long time. The fun thing was this was a team of folks I've drawn in the past, so I got to revisit them. I think some where actually heroes, but the patron liked them as his premiere villain team and ta-da, here we are!!!

OoT72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

another eclectic post today. We've got a goth girl, a somewhat alien powersuit, a super team and my newest incarnation of my d&d 4th ed character, kendric.

Kendric was kinda fun. New technique (started to use "wet" oil brushes in painter on a ground, been using oils in painter before, but the wet ones really work differently (and awesomely)). Kendric was a warrior/fighter, but a recent appearance of an ancient, unknown god (the god of secrets), kendric swore feality and became an invoker. (i was bored being a fighter... This made sense in the in-game fiction as well as providing new toys for me to play with.)

i really like kendric as an invoker, but kept a lot of the look from the original pic. Kendric was a cop in the city (never was named in our fiction) and then went on the run. See here:

kendricsk72.jpg

and now, here is the "transformed by divine fires and a year long search for arcane knowledge" pic... Now, he is kinda cross of a noir private investigator, the shadow, and your typical fantasy ranger look (i think it is the hat). Also my take on the sunleaf armor (hide). Off beat, but fits the character i think really well....

keninvoke72.jpg

and onto the other folks commissions... Nuff talk about my character... Alien-guvyer inspired power armor...

plasmid72.jpg

the goth girl is for death tribble, not really sure of her power/skill set. The info given to me was ambiguous in that sense.

gothgirl72.jpg

and havent done a super villain team in a long time. The fun thing was this was a team of folks i've drawn in the past, so i got to revisit them. I think some where actually heroes, but the patron liked them as his premiere villain team and ta-da, here we are!!!

oot72.jpg

these works are licensed under a creative commons attribution-noncommercial-sharealike 2.5 license.

Creative commons attribution-noncommercial-share alike 2.5 generic

as for the groupshot..ladies and gentlemen i give you the freakshow

Excellent! Formidable! :thumbup:

Kendrick: works well, although I am not familiar with the concept of an "invoker" :confused:

Plasmid: looks very menacing :eg:

GothGirl: I like her nose ring and chain...and her boobs are sure to burst out of the corsage every moment, ooooh :eek:

Villain team: the mammoth/mastodon character really stands out here, so much presence, I like him much more in this pic than in the one where shoves aside the tree. The other members are good too, but I don't know what to make of the Ringmaster character. :celebrate

Right! Now I got that image in my head of a goth mom with two goth kids and a goth husband.

And Enforcer being the black sheep of the family, not being a goth uncle?

Wait, in this case he might be called a white sheep, right?