Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

It's been awhile since I've posted anything. Been really busy with finishing up a ton of fantasy artwork for the upcoming Hero 6th ed. I got the fantasy section, so I was pretty damn stoked.

Starting to work on some painting for Warlord, the CCG, won't be able to show those until they get published. In the meantime, I'm starting to tackle the huge list of commissions I need to get to. Here is a famous moment in an alternate history of WWII with the inclusion of golden age superheroes. You might recognize these guys. They are earlier in the thread when I did each one as a separate pic.

Folks who've been waiting for theirs... I'm getting to them.

PulpJima72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

I really like that alternate WW2 pic with the Golden Agers, Storn. And yes, I did recognise it as a spin on "Raising The Flag At Iwo Jima".

L Marcus - I doubt the guy on the far right is The Comedian. He's not wearing yellow or smoking a stogie.

The piece is actually of my GA playtest group. Clockwise from the top, it's Guardian Angel, Raven, Tarot, Justice, Crimson Palm and Doc Rocket. (And no, I didn't commission it, though I think it's awesome- one of the players did.) A great band of heroes, if I say so myself. dw

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a video of a guy working digitally that he put up on you tube, actually, about 10 video segments. He does all of his drawing right in the software, unlike myself. I usually pencil, scan in, and then work from there.

So, this was an experiment... drawing directly on my wacom tablet and using a lot of layers, allowing for a separate paper surface, the summon critter was on a layer, the staff, etc.

I'm somewhat happy with the results, took about 3 and 1/2 hours. I found hands are really hard to draw digitally, at least with the brushes I was working with... I kept messing with them, still not happy, but other work calls.

For the record, this is loosely based on Judd's burning wheel character, Sammesh.

Summoner72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

A couple of superhero/villain commissions. First up, we have another flying, superman type, although this one is supposed to be more like superboy.

MrPerfect72.jpg

And next is Stonefist, a commission from long time friend, GM, RDUNeil for his current Champions chapter that is a Tekken type story. Stonefist is a villain and not well-loved by the PCs from what I have heard.

Stonefist72.jpg

And next is Stonefist, a commission from long time friend, GM, RDUNeil for his current Champions chapter that is a Tekken type story. Stonefist is a villain and not well-loved by the PCs from what I have heard.

Stonefist72.jpg

I really want to have my speedster character run up to him and give his ponytail a good yank. (Of course, that kind of depends on which speedster character of mine is trying it....)

• 3 weeks later...

A couple for Death Tribble. First up is a density controlling, I think powersuit, worked from DT's sketch on this one.

DrDensity72.jpg

Next up is a chemical spill victim from India. Nasty that. chemical powers and giant size. That will take an entire superteam to deal with. I decided to go with a bit of a painted look so I could get the curls of chemical churning from within and without.

ChemGiant72.jpg

A couple for Death Tribble. First up is a density controlling, I think powersuit, worked from DT's sketch on this one.

DrDensity72.jpg

Next up is a chemical spill victim from India. Nasty that. chemical powers and giant size. That will take an entire superteam to deal with. I decided to go with a bit of a painted look so I could get the curls of chemical churning from within and without.

ChemGiant72.jpg

excelent work

Is the Doctor's suit a containment vessel to keep him from drifting apart?

No. the original pic is not a powersuit or a containment suit.

It's in the votes for last year's August thread at the front. I'll see if I can link it.

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66447&highlight=storn

This links to the first page and the picture of Dr Density is in the middle.

No. the original pic is not a powersuit or a containment suit.

It's in the votes for last year's August thread at the front. I'll see if I can link it.

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66447&highlight=storn

This links to the first page and the picture of Dr Density is in the middle.

Well, it will be when I steal it for my campaign.

A while back I did a sketch of Judd's pc taking on a green dragon. Well, I finally got off my duff and finished it. Here are some of the interim steps. This was done digitally, mostly in Painter IX, but with a bit of photoshop too.

Getting in the background, noodling a bit with the color of the dragon skin.

MelvsGrinP1.jpg

Got quite a bit of the dragon blocked in.

MelvsGrinP2.jpg

Finishing touches on the dragon..

MelvsGrinP3.jpg

working on the figure...

MelvsGr4.jpg

By the way, I will be at Gencon in this upcoming week. So my production will slow down on private commissions.