Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Getting back to work after Gencon has been slow going. I was very wiped out by the con. Thanks to all the folks who stopped by my booth and said hello. It was nice putting faces to some online handles!

I actually got these done before Gencon, but was too lazy to put them up. Here are a couple of characters from a B 50s horror type scenario... the Menace of the Manpillar!!!! (my title...)

The Manpillar himself:

Mpillar72.jpg

And the bird watching sherrif

Sherriff72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

Just a note to say how much I love the Manpillar' date=' and the bird-watching sheriff is good, too. Gives him a dash of originality. :)[/quote']Now if we could just get Storn to draw the beach and the beach goers that the sheriff is really watching...

Storn, we're these two guys a part of scenario you wrote up? If so, can you give us a synopsis of the plot? It sounds fun!

Getting back to work after Gencon has been slow going. I was very wiped out by the con. Thanks to all the folks who stopped by my booth and said hello. It was nice putting faces to some online handles!

I actually got these done before Gencon, but was too lazy to put them up. Here are a couple of characters from a B 50s horror type scenario... the Menace of the Manpillar!!!! (my title...)

The Manpillar himself:

Mpillar72.jpg

And the bird watching sherrif

Sherriff72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

Storn' date=' we're these two guys a part of scenario you wrote up? If so, can you give us a synopsis of the plot? It sounds fun![/quote']

Actually, Storn did the artwork for me. In November I'm running a d20 1950s B-movie adventure (approx 4. hrs) MENACE OF THE MANNERPILLAR! Storn will illustrate the other characters (smart gal in poodle skirt, mad scientist, local vet, hoodlum with motorcycle, etc.).

Steve

Actually, Storn did the artwork for me. In November I'm running a d20 1950s B-movie adventure (approx 4. hrs) MENACE OF THE MANNERPILLAR! Storn will illustrate the other characters (smart gal in poodle skirt, mad scientist, local vet, hoodlum with motorcycle, etc.).

Steve

I'm actually going to utter a phrase I had never expected to utter....

I wish I lived in Jersey.

• 1 month later...

Folks, I've been gone a long time from posting. I came back from Gencon with a ton of publisher deadlines to hit... then I went straight into a bout with H1N1. The last two weeks have been spent taking care of my 2 cousins (who are teenagers) as my Aunt was in Germany/Italy for her job and the Franklin book fair.

If I owe you a commission, I'm sorry. I am working on the pile in my queue in bits and pieces as I do still have deadlines for publishers.

But!!!! I've got some done and here they are:

oddly, bunch a female in a row, plus a couple of sketches just for funsies....

Here is a 50s sci-fi/horror movie victim....

50spoodle72.jpg

Another period piece, first time I've done bomber art...

ALiberty72.jpg

And Death Tribble's evil cheerleader...

EvilCheer72.jpg

This one is a sketch from a RPGnet thread about pulpy sword and planet Mars world building.

skarranslinger72.jpg

and here is the thread that spawned the sketch

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=426241

And lastly, my PC from the Burning Wheel solo game I'm in with Judd/Paka

Kuryn72.jpg

Another period piece, first time I've done bomber art...

ALiberty72.jpg

Nice! Superheroine nose art on a B-17... :D