Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

This is from White Wolf's excellent Scion game.

'Anka Zaleski' (below) was from the Hero stage of the campaign. 'Anka, daughter of Thor' (above) is from the DemiGod stage. If the campaign reaches its conclusion, I'm aiming for 'Anka, Goddess of Protection' sometime next year...:winkgrin:

Interesting. Is the spear she's wielding Gungnir?

would love to have Storn do a piece for me, but can't aford it right now because of working full time for no pay (Called student teaching, like teachers make so much to begin with). Keep up the good work, maybe something I can use :)

Okay, all blocked in. I have to change the boots, I hate them. I've got work her hair over her shoulders, I have a nice pic of a model that has hair cascading interestingly. Got to start in with all the chain work...ugg.... that is going to be tough, don't like the buckles-snap thingees, I think I'm gonna make them gold, bronzish.

But, it is coming along.

KalinP2.jpg

Your work is always great Storn! But maybe you should consider some richer contrasting colors in the vague background to help the weird blue skin tones out? Some orange and red reflected from the environment in the highlights and/or shadows might help (keeping them from sinking into dead black). I'm, personally, more a fan of gray Drow skin tone which leaves room for deeper shadows and more color contrast. Tough project!!! Great work! :)

I'm sure your client will be incredibly happy with his commission!!! :thumbup:

Your work is always great Storn! But maybe you should consider some richer contrasting colors in the vague background to help the weird blue skin tones out? Some orange and red reflected from the environment in the highlights and/or shadows might help (keeping them from sinking into dead black). I'm' date=' personally, more a fan of a more gray Drow skin tone which leaves room for deeper shadow and more color contrast. Tough project!!! Great work! :)[/quote']

Gray's nice, but if Linage II has shown me anything, it's "blue skin = hawtness!"

• 2 weeks later...

Your work is always great Storn! But maybe you should consider some richer contrasting colors in the vague background to help the weird blue skin tones out? Some orange and red reflected from the environment in the highlights and/or shadows might help (keeping them from sinking into dead black). I'm, personally, more a fan of gray Drow skin tone which leaves room for deeper shadows and more color contrast. Tough project!!! Great work! :)

I'm sure your client will be incredibly happy with his commission!!! :thumbup:

Um.... no. I like her skin tones.

I finished Kalhandrha here. She has been done for a bit, but oil can take a while to dry and then I was just waiting for a day that I could gang up a lot scans all at once. Yesterday was that day. Now, I'm posting her.

KalF72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

I find it interesting that when I look at this thread from work, NONE of the images come through. Must be something about how they're filtering internet...

I have to remember to look at it from home.

Doc

Why does your job hate Storn Cook?

Interesting. Is the spear she's wielding Gungnir?

Not quite. This is a new weapon Ovinrbitr (Foecutter) made by the same dwarves. I wanted the character to have a throwing weapon but thought a hammer was too derivative, so ran with the idea of a spear like Gungnir but with some of the properties of Mjollnir.

The spear is out of proportion to the character herself, because the dwarves were commissioned to forge a weapon for a child of Thor so they assumed it would be a great, strapping lad rather than a wee slip of a girl...

Not quite. This is a new weapon Ovinrbitr (Foecutter) made by the same dwarves. I wanted the character to have a throwing weapon but thought a hammer was too derivative, so ran with the idea of a spear like Gungnir but with some of the properties of Mjollnir.

The spear is out of proportion to the character herself, because the dwarves were commissioned to forge a weapon for a child of Thor so they assumed it would be a great, strapping lad rather than a wee slip of a girl...

You would not by chance have her character sheet? I would love to see it if you could post it (Probably not here but in its own thread would be great...