Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

BTW gang, some time ago I posted a link to my Picasa album where I've been collecting Storn's artwork posted to this thread. Well, Storn is such a prolific poster that the album got too big, and I had to start a second album. I expect I'll eventually fill this one too, but for those that had bookmarked the album, you might want to add a second bookmark for this second album. :) Below are links to both just in case:

Keith's Storn Cook Artwork Album I

Keith's Storn Cook Artwork Album II

Keith's Champions Artwork Album

Not bad but you are still missing six of mine.

One from 2005 which was the Flying Chinese Girl in the grey bodysuit and all the rest are lat year ones, Dr Density, Speedbump, Chemical Giant etc

BTW gang, some time ago I posted a link to my Picasa album where I've been collecting Storn's artwork posted to this thread. Well, Storn is such a prolific poster that the album got too big, and I had to start a second album. I expect I'll eventually fill this one too, but for those that had bookmarked the album, you might want to add a second bookmark for this second album. :) Below are links to both just in case:

Keith's Storn Cook Artwork Album I

Keith's Storn Cook Artwork Album II

Keith's Champions Artwork Album

Any way to get these all in one big file?

Storn - Champions 6E Chapter One pic... :thumbup: :thumbup:

Vector and Locke are there... is that Thermal over Dr Silverback's shoulder and to the left of the cloaked ankh wearing individual?

I guess it could be, but it wasn't specifically Thermal in my mine, more like generic pyro-dude.

A recent digital piece done for ArtBlog. A non-literal translation of the following quote:

"A sword, a spade, and a thought

should never be allowed to rust"

~ James Stephens

Irish poet and storyteller, 1882-1950

I call mine: "The Sorcerer-King didn't care for his Tune."

This was a fun, if time consuming piece to do. Digital does make things faster, but not THAT much faster. I still make decisions about color and line and shape as slow as I do in regular traditional paint. But the ability to work in layers, to save the original pencils as a layer, hide it... boy that is cool.

And I'm loving my new wacom tablet and Painter XI. My new intuos 4 allows me to change my brush size with a dial that is one the side. And I change brush sizes a WHOLE lot. This is my first substantial image with the new toys, oh, i've gotten out several smaller pieces...but having to contend with the whole surface of the image is something that is much harder for me than having to do vignettes.

If any art director can use such an image, it hasn't been published, and I would love to get it a home.

unhappy72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

Last week, my players and I got to a game of Danger Patrol run by Pete. And it was a blast. It is a solid little game, even though we were playing off of a beta.

An actual play went up, JC launched it off with a hilarious Mac Mercury newsreel framework for the AP. I followed up with a tape recorder report of my PC. And while I was at the table, I was sketching, as there was a bit of down time as we were learning a new system and it was a boisterous table o' fun. Here is the link to the actual play, Planet X Blues:

http://story-games.com/forums/comments.php?DiscussionID=11544&page=1#Item_0

So here are those sketches....

First up the trio of PCs, Singapore Sam, Shaolin two fisted warrior, Mac Mercury, the Atomic Flyboy, and Doc Tangent, Genius Explorer.

Dangertrio72.jpg

My character, Damian Dagger, Mystic Detective

Dagger72.jpg

Mac Mercury's bomber, the Enola Ray... bad pun I came up with for the bomber name... but it fit.

EnolaRay72.jpg

And lastly, Anthony at one point shouted out about Air Sharks... and lo! They were in the game. Had to draw those suckers.

AirShark100.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

Not bad but you are still missing six of mine.

One from 2005 which was the Flying Chinese Girl in the grey bodysuit and all the rest are lat year ones, Dr Density, Speedbump, Chemical Giant etc

Doh! If you can point out where I can get them DT, or send me the los res versions directly, I'd be happy to fix the oversight.

Doh! If you can point out where I can get them DT' date=' or send me the los res versions directly, I'd be happy to fix the oversight.[/quote']

Only one I can't find now (my Google-fu must be weak today) is the "Flying Chinese Girl". The others were added today.