Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

I have three superhero pics for y'all. First up is another for a Death Tribble, a deep sea diver.

DeepSea72.jpg

Next, I'm trying to vary and push the action of my superhero commissions... it is always tough treading that line of being able to show what the character looks like and trying to put them into action shots. One thing we take for granted in comics in multiple images of the same folks... so doing a super elongated perspective punch by spidy hides his spidey logo, but everyone knows that it is on his chest.

I felt with a sleek power armor guy I could get away without showing the chest area and that the hyper perspective is "in character" for the concept of this particular commission and personae.

JetBlack72.jpg

Thirdly, we have the ol' martial artist lady. I was asked not to over do the cat motifs for this Cheshire Cat, to keep it subtle. I was also asked for a practical martial arts costume, still superhero-y (or supervillain-y, not sure which CC is), but no plunging cleavage. So this is what I came up with.

Sidenote: I often clip this images fairly tight... but with this pose I let a lot of white space "breath" under the image, to help give the sense of height.

CheshireCat72.jpg

Lastly, my last pic I did in Puerto Rico, this one we actually kept, as it is Millie's birthday present, I did it on the beach, on her birthday. Scanned it in this morning... and present for y'all.

PlayaSanta72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

I have three superhero pics for y'all. First up is another for a Death Tribble, a deep sea diver.

DeepSea72.jpg

Next, I'm trying to vary and push the action of my superhero commissions... it is always tough treading that line of being able to show what the character looks like and trying to put them into action shots. One thing we take for granted in comics in multiple images of the same folks... so doing a super elongated perspective punch by spidy hides his spidey logo, but everyone knows that it is on his chest.

I felt with a sleek power armor guy I could get away without showing the chest area and that the hyper perspective is "in character" for the concept of this particular commission and personae.

JetBlack72.jpg

Thirdly, we have the ol' martial artist lady. I was asked not to over do the cat motifs for this Cheshire Cat, to keep it subtle. I was also asked for a practical martial arts costume, still superhero-y (or supervillain-y, not sure which CC is), but no plunging cleavage. So this is what I came up with.

Sidenote: I often clip this images fairly tight... but with this pose I let a lot of white space "breath" under the image, to help give the sense of height.

CheshireCat72.jpg

Lastly, my last pic I did in Puerto Rico, this one we actually kept, as it is Millie's birthday present, I did it on the beach, on her birthday. Scanned it in this morning... and present for y'all.

PlayaSanta72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Very nice stuff as always.

I have to say, I really like your watercolors.

Of course, when I read the location of the landscape, my ghetto voice read it before my latin voice and I came up with this

Merry_Christmas__Bee_Yatch_by_orderofstandrew.jpg

I particularly like the face of the armor suit - clean and simple but still expressive and unmistakable as a transparent visor (BTW what does the logo "JB" stand for?). I also like the weight of it - it is sufficiently bulky to make it believable as a piece of equipment, but still sleek enough that it isn't clunky.

The action shot of the martial artist is great, and she looks like a real fighter instead of a bimbo striking a pose - very nice. The styling is aethetically pleasing as well, clearly comic book with just a hint of ninja styling to get the point across. Well done. Thanks for sharing (all of it).

DeepSea72.jpg

To anyone who say 'where are the pipes ? etc' for the Diver, D'Uh ! Superpowers ! He don't need them anymore.

Ok folks, a couple of new commissions for Death Tribble's supers game, as well as my concept art for the latest ArtBlog challenge, Strength Character for a "Roaring Skies" concept. Think bikers on floating motor-air cycles.

I took this opportunity to play around with doing an underpainting in liquid acrylic by hand, then scanning it in and doing the color via Painter and Photoshop. Not quite happy with the paper texture, felt a bit "blotchy" to me.

Here is the link to the blog, so you can see a bunch of other folk's concepts for "Strength"... and mine is below..

http://theartorder.com/?p=584

StornStrengthCharacter1.jpg

Now. Back to superheroes. Although Dirk Centipede is sure an odd one. I gave him a sorta scifi tool use to make him look a bit more than a huge centipede. And Dr. Dark, mysterious baddie.

DirkCentipede72.jpg

DrDesinity72.jpg

Now. Back to superheroes. Although Dirk Centipede is sure an odd one. I gave him a sorta scifi tool use to make him look a bit more than a huge centipede. And Dr. Dark, mysterious baddie.

DirkCentipede72.jpg

DrDesinity72.jpg

I do like the gem belts that Dirk has. Although due to a speech impediment caused by his mandibles people tend to tink he says Dark instead of Dirk.

And Dr Dark. Coming to another thread here soon.

DirkCentipede72.jpg

I have this weird image of Death Tribble's players looking at this and saying "Y'know, I always pictured him with a hat"... :winkgrin:

Over at ArtBlog, there will be a series of challenges based on the fictitious "Roaring Skies" concept. Fantasy meets bikers. Although, now Jon Schindette is challenging us to come up with stuff that doesn't have ACTUAL motorcycles. But sorta gathers from that rebel, biker vibe.

I was inspired, and wanted to continue to push and play with my digital style, that I had this image in my head and had to get it out.

If anyone can use this idea for publication, let me know, we can work out a very reasonable price.

roarskies72.jpg

Here is the link to the 2nd challenge which is upcoming and due this Sunday. I've already got some ideas down for that. Watch this space!

http://theartorder.com/?p=606