Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

I believe the pic he is talking about is named SSloRes.jpg

The date I have for the image is April 2008 but I can't find a post with the pic. That may have been when I saved it from Photobucket.

---edit---

Yep that was the day I saved it from Photobucket.

The original post is here, http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/463-Storn-s-Art-amp-Characters-thread.?p=700514#post700514 but alas, no picture.

Myrlyn do you have this one on your site?

Concord:

No, I don't have that one in the collection yet (probably because the image doesn't appear on this forum any longer). If you have a copy of the image I'd be happy to add it to my archive if you can send it to me (same goes for any other royalty/license free images folks have of Storn's artwork that aren't already in my archive).

Keith

Concord:

No, I don't have that one in the collection yet (probably because the image doesn't appear on this forum any longer). If you have a copy of the image I'd be happy to add it to my archive if you can send it to me (same goes for any other royalty/license free images folks have of Storn's artwork that aren't already in my archive).

Keith

Myrlyn's Picasa site has the image to which I was referring from Storn's post - http://www.herogames.com/forums/show...514#post700514

It is in row 13 image 4

http://picasaweb.google.com/keith.pepin/Storn_Cook_Artwork?authkey=RnYyHidE7KU#5280448027297932514

I've been a bit quiet on producing commissions of late. The above ArtOrder challenge (Eowyn vs. Nazgul) has eaten a lot of time, as well as some stuff for publishers. But the number one time effort has gone into this piece!

This is DeathTribble's 100th commission, Arachnieda. And we decided to do something special. This is an oil paint, about 12 by 19 or thereabouts. Done on a masonite panel.

I feel like this is really the first superhero PAINTING i've done that has managed that odd fine line between "painterly" yet still feeling like some degree of the slick super hero (or villain, I wasn't told which) vibe that is expected for superhero art. THIS is what I wanted to accomplish so many years ago when I was doing painted covers for Champions... and I just didn't have the skill to pull it off.

So, raise a glass to Death Tribble and his 100!

Arachnieda72.jpg

btw, if anyone has a use for this image as a cover or something, let me know. It is up for grabs.

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

I've been a bit quiet on producing commissions of late. The above ArtOrder challenge (Eowyn vs. Nazgul) has eaten a lot of time, as well as some stuff for publishers. But the number one time effort has gone into this piece!

This is DeathTribble's 100th commission, Arachnieda. And we decided to do something special. This is an oil paint, about 12 by 19 or thereabouts. Done on a masonite panel.

I feel like this is really the first superhero PAINTING i've done that has managed that odd fine line between "painterly" yet still feeling like some degree of the slick super hero (or villain, I wasn't told which) vibe that is expected for superhero art. THIS is what I wanted to accomplish so many years ago when I was doing painted covers for Champions... and I just didn't have the skill to pull it off.

So, raise a glass to Death Tribble and his 100!

Arachnieda72.jpg

btw, if anyone has a use for this image as a cover or something, let me know. It is up for grabs.

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

this has what the countdown has been heading to. 100 pieces of artwork from Storn for me.

For the record Arachneida is a 'good guy' and was a member of the hero team called the Protectors in 1985/6. She was the first character of a girlfriend of the GMs. Originally she was a Spiderman rip off apart from being a oman and a librarian. She had an Aunt Esme instead of Aunt May.

She was a leader of the team as well on several occasions.

Eventually she lost the spider powers as they came from the Spider god Arach. Arach was after his sixth and seventh sons Dr Scorpio (who had become a member of the Protectors) and Adam (who was a Lord of Order). One of the players decided to be smart and had Adam use his powers on her which neutralized (ie destroyed) her powers. At the time she was an eight limbed fanged monstrosity but still.

So the Magician who was one of the team gadget makers outfitted her with the web gun and other crime fighting gadgets which later included the motorbike. She went from a brick to a martial artist but with the loss of powers was never in contention with the others as a premier martial artist in the team. However being one of the first characters in the team does carry a certain caveat.

I had decided that we would need something special for No 100 and so the hero and bike action scene was born. Storn just made it that extra bit special.

Wow that painting is amazing Storn. The fire is incredible. I love the goggles in the mask. If this were my commission I think I would have asked you to have the coat a little singed on the bottom, maybe still smoking.

Myrlyn's Picasa site has the image to which I was referring from Storn's post - http://www.herogames.com/forums/show...514#post700514

It is in row 13 image 4

http://picasaweb.google.com/keith.pepin/Storn_Cook_Artwork?authkey=RnYyHidE7KU#5280448027297932514

Glad to see it was in there after all. Filename is listed as "Shadowstorm".

Storn' date=' I love this last work of yours. Especially the fire. Its hard to do fire well, and you've mastered it![/quote']

Good to see that underground VIPER nests have their uses... some Composition-4 in the power plant and you have your session's big dramatic finale!

• 3 weeks later...

It has been awhile since i've posted. I've had this art done for awhile, but I've been lazy. I've been busy with a few different things in my life. The Nazgul vs. Eowyn challenge was hellaciously time consuming. But here it is in it's finished form, i was going to letter it, but changed my mind since lettering isn't my strong suit and I wanted to put my best foot forward.

Donato gave me a nice mention in his critique.

And here is a link to the other entries:

http://theartorder.com/2011/05/16/eowyn-and-the-nazgul-challenge-line-up/

And the link to the judges comments:

http://theartorder.com/2011/05/24/eowyn-and-the-nazgul-challenge-judging/

And my pages so you don't have to sift through all the art on those links if you don't want to.

Eowynpage1.jpg

Eowynpage2.jpg

The other thing that is happening in my life is that I'm getting married (in just a few days). Millie, my fiancée, also happens to be my ex-wife.... and I told our story in comic form for the invitation. I've been really coming back to my beginnings, not only in my upcoming wedding, but by doing a lot of sequential art of late.

So, thought I would share my invitation with y'all. And if you do drop by on my wedding day, bring a dish to pass or some beer.

weddingpg1100G.jpg

weddingpg2100.jpg

more art to come.... I've got a few things done. Probably post tomorrow

I promised some more artwork and here it is. First up, an illustration I did for Black Gate magazine awhile back. Unfortunately, it printed a bit dark, but I like the composition.

If you are a fan of fantasy and you aren't reading black gate, you are doing yourself a disservice. There are some very nice articles on gaming, history of past writers, very good reviews of up and coming novels and some great short stories. It is really a privilege to do work for Black Gate. Here is the link to their site:

http://www.blackgate.com/

And here is the pic:

APound72.jpg

And this is a companion commission to one that I did 10!!! years ago.

IndigoF72.jpg

and here is the one I did 10 years ago...

NekoLoRes.jpg

And a recent fantasy commission. Of which, appears in Image Portfolio 3, if anyone wants a higher resolution. I've teamed up with LPJ Design and will be releasing some artworks in higher resolutions to make an extra buck here and there. Linkage: http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=92173

artwork:

Isobelle72.jpg