Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Back to superheroes! Here is a villain team done for Jeff W., the All-in Gang

AllInGangF.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

Here is another one for Death Tribble, along with collaboration from "our" Enforcer84. The idea is Tiamat as a supervillianess. I wanted her to not quite have "human" skin. So she is slightly lizardy green in color.

enjoy.

Tiamat72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Here is another one for Death Tribble, along with collaboration from "our" Enforcer84. The idea is Tiamat as a supervillianess. I wanted her to not quite have "human" skin. So she is slightly lizardy green in color.

enjoy.

Tiamat72.jpg

Think I might have to start using that picture for Istvatha V'han.

Thanks for helping out with the lamentable shortage of greenskinned redheads, Storn.

Here was a really fun one for me. I was asked for a steampunk horse. Something I've never done before. I think it came out pretty well, but your guys are the real judges.

I'm hip deep in a full background, 3 figures, large landscape, lot of detail, commission and it will probably take another couple of days. So, the output from me is going to be slow again.

Simon72.jpg

Here is another one from the fertile mind of Death Tribble. Maybe we should say "fermented".

As I was drawing this, I kept thinking along the lines of:

"In disguise, mild-mannered, vegetarian, history professor Archibald Reach teaches at a major metropolitan university. But when the clarion call of adventure and danger is heard!!! Off come the tweed and glasses and heeding the crescendo of crime EXPLODES AMERICAN REX!!! The Titanic Tyrannosaur. The Dinosaur of Dynamite. That most beloved of Super Saurians!"

p.s. I totally think Archibald Reach is a giant dinosaur in professor tweed with horn rims. He doesn't transform from man into dino. But with his glasses and academic demeanor, no one knows that he is actually AMERICAN REX. Except for his sidekick Anklesoar aka Andy Ackers, student body treasurer.

{sigh}....Freelance illustration is such a lonely profession....

AmericanRex72.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

First up, I wanted to talk about something I've been meaning to do for YEARS!!! And that is to offer originals and prints for sale. The website Fine Art America has made this very easy for me to do. So, if you ever wanted an Storn original, on the paper, canvas, board, with real paint, pencil or whatever I used that day... come check the below link out...

Maybe you would rather have a print of something, well, this link has that covered too. Let me know if there is a piece of mine that is not up on Fine Art and you would like a print of. I will continue to build up the Fine Art gallery, but it will take some time to get a lot of what I do up.

I'm going to experiment with a combo of more expensive oils, acrylics and the like, along with the preliminary pencils of what often becomes digital colored. Pencil originals will be quite reasonable.

http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/storn-cook.html

Now, onto some recent private commissions.

A golden elf

GoldElf72.jpg

An interesting steampunk explorer with "sponge" cooling armor from Lethe

Profexplorer72.jpg

And two Death Tribble contributions... This first one definitely follows his love of cheesecake

Thunderchild72.jpg

falcon72.jpg

And two Death Tribble contributions... This first one definitely follows his love of cheesecake

Thunderchild72.jpg

falcon72.jpg

Thunderchild is one of the original supervillains from the campaign I was in in the mid 80s. The costume is based alledgedly on a proposed costume for Storm of the X-Men.

Nightraven on the other hand was the character of one of the GMs and a bit of a pompous prat. The look is based on the Vulturions from Spiderman rather than the Vulture.