Storn

Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Death Tribble wanted an Evil Whale. My first go around tried to animorphasize the beastie, but DT really wanted a pretty straight up baleen whale. I gave it a bit of a "chin" growth and red eyes to hopefully push it a bit into 'eeeeevvvviilll!!" territory. But I'm not sure.

evilwhaleII72copy_zps035ba406.jpg

This is another in Paul T's Exalted femme fatale series. This time, it is Red Lotus Blossom, described to me as a redhead (but using an actresses very orange hair color), wearing red, and being a "sword princess" but with a naginata (if I preferred.. yes, I preferred! I get to draw swords all the time, naginatas are much more rare!)

RedLotusF72_zpsa517c578.jpg

p.s. Really, really diggin' my Cintiq!!!

Death Tribble wanted an Evil Whale. My first go around tried to animorphasize the beastie, but DT really wanted a pretty straight up baleen whale. I gave it a bit of a "chin" growth and red eyes to hopefully push it a bit into 'eeeeevvvviilll!!" territory. But I'm not sure.

p.s. Really, really diggin' my Cintiq!!!

Yes. I wanted an Evil Whale. And not like Monstro who was a Sperm Whale in Pinnochio.

Deal with it.

Professor Ishmael Strom!

Storn,

Observe !

Needs a monocle. Nothing says "evil" like a monocle.

And a top hat. Don't forget the top hat.

Needs a goatee.

Ooh! Absolutely. You gotta have a goatee' date=' but I think that was what he was going for with the "chin growth."[/quote']

Maybe it would work better if he was smoking a cigarette.

JG

And don't forget the dolphin henchmen...

We have corrupted them all !

Storn,

Observe !

We have corrupted them all !

LoL! Our deranged partnership is finally bearing fruit...bwhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahah!!!!!!!

I must state that I'm a bit surprised that Death Tribble hasn't commissioned an Octopussy yet - A cat (or cat-hybrid) with tentacles. Many a James Bond films could provide something clever. ;)

Back from 2 weeks in Puerto Rico! Back to the studio! Back to the drawing board!

While I haven't posted much art of late, I have been busy doing art and now I can share some of it with you. First up, another oddball concept from Death Tribble. This time I was the one who pushed for doing the head inside the chest...originally, it was supposed to be a helmet with water/fluid suspending the disembodied head. I wanted to push the concept just a tad further and this is what I came up with...

Additionally, it is the first time I've done digital inks in a long time, and the first time on my wacom Cintiq. I was pretty fast and more importantly, happy with the result. Much, much easier than inking on a wacom tablet.

ArmorAqua72_zps07dced54.jpg

Next up is another private commission... Warrior with mystic sword.. the patron went into some detail on how the sword was all jaggedy and energized.

Krolovik72_zps0a7153c0.jpg

Next are two images from the first kickstarter I'm discussing today. These are from "The Skies of Danbury"... a follow up to the "Within the Devil's Reach" adventure. This is for the game, Dungeon World. The cover, followed up by an interior. You can find the already-funded Skies of Danbury kickstart here:

skyships72_zps22409db1.jpg

Jasmine100_zpsf507f97b.jpg

And for superhero lovers, this is an image for a Mutants and Masterminds Villains pack. Link to that is here and this worthy project is NOT funded yet, so it could use your help:

Corbin72_zpsa604650d.jpg

note: This was also digitally inked.