Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

I really don't do much superhero art anymore.  Been really working in the fantasy genre more..  

My long time patron Death Tribble gave me the challenge of doing Medusa as a super heroine.  Seemed like fun and it was.  I gave her a jaunty pose and smile.  He asked for a long, slinky outfit, but I felt that was kinda in the vein of a villain, so I gave her a skirt, semi-grecian, instead.  Hope he doesn’t mind.  What do y’all think?

Medusa%20F72_zpsiyopt6pt.jpg

Next are a couple of images from Green Ronin’s Cosmic Handbook.  Got to trout out my Kirby homage and my love of sword and planet motifs.  I went with some super vibrant colors on these both, trying for “alien and cosmic” after looking at a lot of what Kirby did back in the day.

Space%20Travel%20F72_zpso4od4x2m.jpg

Infinite%20Powers%20F72_zpsz5piaege.jpg

I really like Medusa - she's cute!  You could even have a whole league of mythological beasties as do-gooders (we never hear their side of the stories, just that drunken lout Hercules').

I don't play M&M, but admit to sometimes buying their books just to look at the art.  Cosmic is definitely on my radar - awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

So, the pic of Medusa as a super hero didn’t quite meet Death Tribble’s request.  I missed the part that she was to be a patriotic super hero.  So I did another version, but I admit, I was pretty subtle with the flag motif on her outfit.  DT wanted it to be pushed a bit more and I came up with the final version for him.  I will present all three for your viewing curiosity.  Showing that sometimes, you have to sneak up on a concept.

Also, I did a crossbowman for yuks.  I had doodled him awhile ago.

Version 1.

Medusa%20F72_zpsiyopt6pt.jpg

Version 2.

Medusa%20F%20II%2072_zpstyoce08e.jpg

Version 3.

Medusa%20F%20III%2072_zpsflwuevfa.jpg

Crossbow guy!

Crossbowman%20F72_zpsz3ourhne.jpg

So, the pic of Medusa as a super hero didn’t quite meet Death Tribble’s request.  I missed the part that she was to be a patriotic super hero.  So I did another version, but I admit, I was pretty subtle with the flag motif on her outfit.  DT wanted it to be pushed a bit more and I came up with the final version for him.  I will present all three for your viewing curiosity.  Showing that sometimes, you have to sneak up on a concept.

Version 3.

Medusa%20F%20III%2072_zpsflwuevfa.jpg

It occurred to me rather belatedly that the gorgon was ripe for a patriotic superhero because you can't have Medusa without U S A !

And aren't the rest of you mad that you did not think of it first ?

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Back from the ashes of yesterday... 

After years of hiatus, I will be in the Champions game (RDU: Red Dragon Universe) run by Neil C. again.  We are putting the band back together, using Roll20, Skype and such, hopefully starting soon.  We've been doing tons of emails back and forth.  

I have been inspired to draw the characters, although I only have 3 done.  I have to switch gears slightly to finish some interiors for Golden Age Champions.  

The New Pioneers are a group brought together after a decade long alien invasion of our original game.  My character, Hope,  is actually the daughter of my first RDU character, Vector.  Her red sleeve represent Mars, where she grew up and the blue one represent Earth.  Her powers are strength, mini-brick from her grandfather, Ultraman and light powers from her grandmother, Lady White.  She has some empathic abilities and strong mental defenses from her mom.  I eschewed telekinesis, because I played her dad, Vector, for years.  I've done pretty much everything I ever wanted to do with telekinesis over that time.  

The Terran, played by Joe C, is a martial artist, with earth shaping abilities.  Picked by the Gaea like force to heal the world.  We haven't played yet, so I don't know all he can do.  

Krys is a being of pure Crystaltech, given sentience during the long alien invasion.  Crystaltech was a HUGE plot point for years in RDU.   Played by Bill S.  He has the ability to mimic almost any energy ability.  

The campaign will be trying to rebuild Earth and reconnect it to the Mars colony.  Mankind has been devastated, population is down to 1 billion souls.  I am really looking forward to the next chapter of RDU.  

Hope%20F72_zps6qmzy5cm.jpg

the%20Terran%20F72_zpsl5ifzglb.jpg

Krys%20F%2072_zpsgmq5cbsu.jpg

More to come, perhaps next week.  I still have Myrk, Shocks and The Blue to still do.  And oh yeah, I want to do a pic of our shuttle craft too.