Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Thanks Speedy... How's NYC treatin' ya?

I drew that chainsaw from memory, I had the sketch done for days in my sketch book except the chainsaw which was kinda vaguely ghosted in. But kept finding myself with the sketch book, away from my studio. Away from google or reference library. So finally I just drew the damn thing. I think it came out pretty well.

When I worked at Shemin's Nurseries, STHIL always had the best calendars. Lots of bikini-clad blondes standing in the forest with chainsaws.

I say Storn old chap,

Do we send PayPal payments to the AOL e-mail addy or the new one ?

I think you can send it to either, I have both e-mails noted in my Paypal. but i would prefer comcast... StornC@comcast

As that is the one I check the most.

Guest Skaramine

No I haven't written her up. Nor even named her. She is my "generic superheroine stand-in"... I like her a lot too. The first drawing called for a "generic superhero flying across the city"... I made it a bit more dramatic by making it a power dive, but that was the first time I drew her. And I just really like the simplicity of the white costume... so I've kept drawing her.

I think there was a thread that discussed power/skill sets and possible names somewhere kicking around on these boards.

I was quite happy with the Freedom Park pic myself.

Did you ever name this one yet? Or can we just frolic in our own personal game universes?

Did you ever name this one yet? Or can we just frolic in our own personal game universes?

Well, I started to think of her as my character Vector's daughter. sent back from the future. This kinda stuff had happen to V before.

But RDU Neil used her as the disgruntled Chime in a new power suit. Chime (kingdom of champions) was an important NPC in an important PC team called the Troubleshooters. But had a serious falling out. Chime then went to work in a power armor corp for the US gov't. Pretty much set against the PC team.

But the hair color was pulled from a private pic I did of Vector, Oracle (V's wife, Champs of the North) and their daughter Hope. When I first did this illo:

http://www.stornc.rpggallery.com/images/artfiles/Flight.jpg

I happened to have that pic open of the family. I had stumbled onto Oracle's hair color of being light brown, not blond... so I just eyedroppered the color and used it as the base for mystery flying woman. Since that time, I started to think of her as Hope. It is an unusual hair color for superheroines.... you don't see it in comics... it says mousey and shy. But I liked it precisely because it was a rare color. And still do. It works with the simplicity of that character's costume design.

But at the moment, Hope is two and lives on Mars. But I still think of that pic as the grown up Hope. Not only are her parents supers, she comes from a dynasty. Grandpop is Ultraman (superman clone) and Grandma is Lady White.... heroes of the 60s who raised Vector to be a hero from day one. White costume? Lady White? All of that is happy accident... I didn't start out to do this, but sorta back my way into it.

BUT!!! Y'all out there can use her in any fashion you like! That is the great thing about visuals, they are open to all kinds of interpertations.

Have fun!

Hey BC, here is yours... Afreet. I'll let you talk about him.

http://forum.rpg.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=12067

The Afreet are a type of creature in my urban fantasy campaign. They are fire elementals summoned into the bodies of humans who have died by fire. They are, however, biased in terms of which bodies they like to be summoned into. They love cops, military types and, well, anyone who gets to use guns on a regular basis.

They appreciate the wry humour in phrases like "gun fire" and "fire power".

Nice pic, Storn. I especially like the two-gun pose, and the light from the fire reflecting in the guns.

And a "Female version of Ash" is for BC Holmes.

http://forum.rpg.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=12149

Another great piece, Storn. Jeez, do you ever turn in a flop?

I commissioned this pic to put on my website, to accompany a description of a character archetype: The Fanatic Who Lost Someone to Those... Things.

"I had a normal life, once. I had a job with an advertising agency, a husband who loved me. My biggest priority in life was retiring at age 55. I thought that saving the world meant... y'know, recycling. Then it happened. I lost everything. Not just the job and the husband. I lost my innocence. I lost my belief that the world was a fair and just place.

"This is a scary world. A world where all kinds of creepy things happen, and the people in charge just let it happen. The system doesn't work. People like you and me have to take up the slack. Arm ourselves and be prepared to fight. And don't give me any of that sexist crap; I've fought more uglies than you've probably even seen.

"Things weren't easy at first. I didn't know anything about anything. I couldn't shoot. I couldn't build things. School of hard knocks changed that, let me tell you."

Comments: The Fanatic is sitting on the bleeding edge of sanity. Sure, she's seen a lot, but sometimes people like her start seeing monsters everywhere.

The Fanatic works out vigorously, sleeps in a chair with a shotgun on her lap, and always checks her own gear. Some say she's obsessive-compulsive but, hey, it keeps her alive.

Special Abilities: The Fanatic provides both combat firepower and logistical support. She's taught herself important tools of fighting the UnSeen enemy, as well as the skills that she needs to build weapons, fix her equipment, and combat driving.

Identifying Quote: "Oooo-kay. Let's see how these uglies deal with Mr. Chainsaw."

Guest Skaramine

I feel like I'm peeing into the ocean heaping praise upon you Storn... but consider my bladder emptied in tribute to you.

That's... an interesting compliment. :D

I want to thank Storn publicly for the work he did with the characters. He imagined them far differently, and more imaginatatively than I did. His view of Chimera is so cool I can't remember what I was thinking before. Hardcase is just *neat*. And HRH Zaid al-Hussien/Turbine is so cool!

Thanks again Storn worth every penny!

Hawksmoor

• 2 weeks later...

A few more.

K's Fire Angel

http://forum.rpg.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=12251

and Lady Dragon

http://forum.rpg.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=12252

Here is Legionnaire from our current Team Cyprus UNITE game... this is Nuadha's PC.

http://forum.rpg.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=12253

And this is Serenity from Team Cyrpus.

http://forum.rpg.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=12254

And Coal from Team Cyprus, sans color... which I just haven't gotten around to doing yet.

http://forum.rpg.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=12255

Yay! Must. Get. To. Home. E-mail. (for hi-res Fire Angel) :bounce::angst::bounce:

Fire Angel looks great, Storn! Middle-eastern flavored war angel, definately won't be mistaken for the Christian-angel-in-robes.

When I showed Dragon Lady's player her pic, her reaction was "Ah! That's what she looks like!" We never could picture what her mask should look like.

:)

Storn,

What is the name of the Heroine doing the interveiw on page 34 of Champions?

If you've told it before, I must of missed it.

I have no idea. I just made up the visual. Why don't you give her a name? I'm sure you can come up with something better than me.

I'd just like to express my appreciation Storn. Your art has been truly an inspiration for the campaign I've been in these past months...

You are amazingly talented, I'm sure you hear it all the time but I call 'em like I see 'em. Plus, hearing it doesn't get old. :thumbup:

I'd just like to express my appreciation Storn. Your art has been truly an inspiration for the campaign I've been in these past months...

You are amazingly talented, I'm sure you hear it all the time but I call 'em like I see 'em. Plus, hearing it doesn't get old. :thumbup:

.oO(And I thought he was evil...Iuz, not Storn)