Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

While not a superhero pic, I wanted to expose this work to the Champs crowd to show that I can do different stuff... yet still highly influenced (angle, pose) by supers.

Swords Defiant.

An image that came to me and I've worked on, off and on, for a few weeks now. I did it as a speculative piece.

DefSwordloRes.jpg

Storn, any art from you is a blessing. You are a G-E-N-I-U-S.

Nuff' said.

Oh, and you won't have to worry about me for a whole week. I'm off to La Belle France tomorrow. Don't cheer too loudly. I will be back.

... and is a PC of Paul's who does lurk these forums.

Coming out of my lurking place ("Lurking high above the boards, and a little to the left..." -- an homage to "Ambush Bug Nothing Special" special from about 15 years ago) just long enough to say "Great picture Storn, thanks!".

Guest Skaramine

While not a superhero pic, I wanted to expose this work to the Champs crowd to show that I can do different stuff... yet still highly influenced (angle, pose) by supers.

Swords Defiant.

An image that came to me and I've worked on, off and on, for a few weeks now. I did it as a speculative piece.

DefSwordloRes.jpg

Simply beautiful, Storn.

Maybe its the inclusion of the back and foreground but that is a really captivating piece. I think the pose would fit better if he still had enemies around him. I really think this piece delivers on your visual storytelling tag.

I have a tendency to overpopulate my covers. This cover was the result of several things, one, I had the image in my head and wanted to do it. Two, I read an excellent article on the WoTC site about paitning for card art (Magic)... and while it told me nothing new... it did re-emphasis things and made me rethink things. One, keep it simple stupid.

This is for a paperback size (although I don't have a publisher, like I said, spec work). I don't have any of this type of work in my portfolio. All my Hero Games covers are landscape dimension instead of vertical. I wanted something central, iconic, striking. I very specifically kept this sparse and to give a sense of isolation. Adding a ring of figures around our defiant one, IMO, would have robbed some of that away and made it more of a story, but less of a IMPACT SCENE... if that makes sense.

But good feedback, I appreciate it.

That's great. I will have to use him somewhere.

"Despite his criminal genius, Dr. Snail was always easy to track down."

"Why was that?"

"Two-foot wide slime trail."

"Oh."

You are forgetting the jets on the side of the shell.

And he travels around in a truck with a large ramp at the back.

He may be a snail. But he is a smart snail.

You are forgetting the jets on the side of the shell.

And he travels around in a truck with a large ramp at the back.

He may be a snail. But he is a smart snail.

Well, of course. But it's a joke. :)

If I use him I'll probably just have the jets propel him along the ground really fast, and the slime will work like a lubricant/clinging as needed - zip along streets really fast, zip up walls, etc. :)

A typical quotefrom the dear Dr. is as follows:-

'My dear chap, while I find your willingness to protect your country a wholly admirable trait I find your anti-mollusc innuendo deplorable. Pray tell what last words should I pass onto your next of kin ?'

Some people think that the only thing worse is one of his arch-enemies, the female brick Glory. Around anybody else she is fine but whenever Dr Snail is around or she is confronting him she froths at the mouth and spouts cliche after cliche. Examples include

'You FIEND !'

'We'll head him off at the pass !'

'While free people still draw breath YOU will be defeated !'

'For our Freedom, Charge the Snail !'

'You devil in a metal housing !'

The latter two have gained creedance via television coverage and the Internet.

Lastly, I did promise something different and something unusual from Storn. I hope that Dr Snail admirably fitted the bill.

Well... finally a Storn piece of artwork that I can almost guarantee will never... EVER... show up in my campaign.

Maybe a drug induced dream sequence or something... :)

How about this snail? :)

snaildragon.jpg

***NEWS FLASH***

Witnesses report the horrible death of the molusk mastermind Dr. Snail in Paris today at the hands of the imfamous MasterMime who roasted him in buster and garlic and forced passers by to sample the large escargo. Victums forced to eat commented that Dr. Snail tasted like [insert descriptive here].

I other news the Mad Mime was temporarily captured by the the Impressionist Vigilante Storn, but later escaped custody of the French Police before UNTIL could arrive.

***THIS WAS A CNN REPORT***

Cheers

QM

P.S.: This was off the cuff please excuse the bad spelling and lack of descriptive.

Well... finally a Storn piece of artwork that I can almost guarantee will never... EVER... show up in my campaign.

Maybe a drug induced dream sequence or something... :)

I dunno. Don't be too quick.

They are HERE! Time to move over VANGUARD!!!

Sanguine Sidekicks!!! Masterful Mutants!!! Pissed off Polars!!!

ODD SQUAD IS TAKING OVER THE RDU!!!!

OddSquad.jpg