Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Originally posted by Storn

I am glad that some folks are finding these useful.

In update news: my website is still down. Something to do with the domain and my host is working on it. I have no idea when it will be fixed.

Here is a private commission done for a character created by RW Temple: Thunderbird. Hope y'all like.

Much Appreciated. That one is as beautiful as always... Mrs Vimes (who plays a native american character) especially liked it.

Originally posted by death tribble

Out of interest, how much do the private commissions cost ?

If you are willing to divulge that is.

$45.oo per Figure. The star wars pic posted earlier in this thread, the spaceship was considered a figure. Complex backgrounds, which the star wars pic was not a complex background, would also be considered a figure.

You get a 300 dpi file. Suitable for priting. Most of the time, there is no true original anyway, since at least 1/2 of it is done digitally. I get to use the image if I want for portfolio, publishing ventures, etc. etc. Including getting to post it on websites like this to promote my meager talents. However, I do not presume to "own" the character... just the image.

Contact info is on my website, which should be back up today or tomorrow.

This is Scale, the leader of Triple S, a Viper team. He has the ability to judge weight, mass, velocity... which gives him an edge in combat. He is brilliant, but a bit arrogant. He's is precisely the type of villain to tell you his evil plan AS he is doing it to you. "do you know that it only takes 3 pounds of pressure to snap this hostages' neck?" kinda-thing. But for a snake mutagen guy, he's got a sense of humor and is pretty well-adjusted.... for a Viper villian.

Oh yeah, the continuing saga of UNTIL Black Ops has been posted, along with Scale's MM stats on my Green Ronin thread...

http://www.greenronin.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=29025#29025

Guest C_Zeree

this private commission is for Bob Fletcher, patron extraoridinaire. And is a fantasy rogue archtype. However, ihe *could* be a Dark Champs type character... so posted for your viewing pleasure...

I really like the two comissions. Some get artistic talent, some get the talent to compute the Navier Stokes Equation. ::sigh:: ;)

I love the fact the character uses enhanted kukri's.

Can I just say again how much I think your work has improved, Storn? Really, I had no problem with your earlier stuff, I think the first work of yours I saw was in Dark Campions, and this is miles ahead of it in terms of form and style. You give me hope crush my dreams at the same time; hope that I will indeed improve over time and crushed because you keep setting the bar so high

/obsiquiousness off.

Originally posted by Enforcer84

Can I just say again how much I think your work has improved, Storn? Really, I had no problem with your earlier stuff, I think the first work of yours I saw was in Dark Campions, and this is miles ahead of it in terms of form and style. You give me hope crush my dreams at the same time; hope that I will indeed improve over time and crushed because you keep setting the bar so high

/obsiquiousness off.

Thank you Enforcer, that is really nice stuff to hear. But if I can improve, anyone can. So don't sell yourself short.

I was doing Dark Champions stuff while in art school at 26...that was 10 years ago. I was told that art school would take 10 years to sink in, to really grasp, after graduating. I think in many respects my teachers were right. I'm only feeling that I'm starting to "get it" right now.

so, Im an old fart, not a wonderkind by any stretch.

You get a 300 dpi file. Suitable for priting.

I can print at higher resolutions than that, but I'm more interested in keeping as much information as possible in the file. Are you limited to 300 due to technical reasons? Or would paying more than $45 allow for higher resolutions?

Just curious; I'm casually interested.

Any chance you'd be at DragonCon in August?

Originally posted by BarryB

I can print at higher resolutions than that, but I'm more interested in keeping as much information as possible in the file. Are you limited to 300 due to technical reasons? Or would paying more than $45 allow for higher resolutions?

Just curious; I'm casually interested.

Any chance you'd be at DragonCon in August?

Oh, if someone requested a higher dpi, I would certainly accomadate. It is just that color at 300 dpi can usually make it past everyone's firewalls. Anything larger tends to get tripped up somewhere along in the process.

Most likely, I would have to burn a CD-R if it was 600 dpi. I wouldn't work any larger than that, simply because it would take every thing I did extra time if I was working at 1200 dpi.

I have no plans to attend DragonCon (thats Atlanta, right?). I should be able to make it to Origins though.

I have no plans to attend DragonCon (thats Atlanta, right?). I should be able to make it to Origins though.

I never make it up to Origins, though it should probably be on my list of 'things to do before I die.'

It would be neat to have a couple of prints hanging on my wall of the hero groups of the two major Champions campaigns I've run. Do you charge more for group shots? No individual portraits would be needed unless the players request it. Okay, maybe one for a character of whom I would be interested in seeing your conception. Of course, that one would be the standard rate. Oddly enough, he's not really a favorite character; I've always had trouble visualizing him and would enjoy seeing what you could do with him.

Originally posted by BarryB

I never make it up to Origins, though it should probably be on my list of 'things to do before I die.'

It would be neat to have a couple of prints hanging on my wall of the hero groups of the two major Champions campaigns I've run. Do you charge more for group shots? No individual portraits would be needed unless the players request it. Okay, maybe one for a character of whom I would be interested in seeing your conception. Of course, that one would be the standard rate. Oddly enough, he's not really a favorite character; I've always had trouble visualizing him and would enjoy seeing what you could do with him.

I charge $45.00 per figure in the picture. So a group shot of 5 would be $225.00. Of course, 5 seperate portraits of 1 figure each would cost the same amount.

Originally posted by Bedlam

WOW thats all i can say about The art! so many great pcs. I just need to find a game where there is that much dedication! Got any openings Storn?

Thanks

Bedlam

I'm not the main GM, RDU Neil is. It would be his decision. I would start talking to him if you are serious. I co-run (using Mutants and Masterminds, while he uses Champions). The game is in Ypsilanti, so it is a bit of drive for me (but worth it).

I don't know if you have checked out this Green Ronin thread, but it has a bit of what kind of game I'm running...

http://www.greenronin.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1570

RDU is a complicated universe... the game has been going 15-16 years, I've been a part of it for a decade.