Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Thanks for the info.

I tried to learn to use a brush about (omg) 15 years ago, and I couldnt get the hang of it then.

Maybe its time I tried again...

It is no easy challenge. It took my 7 years about to get my brush work to where I felt that it was good.

However, I strongly feel that Gary Martin's book would have cut 3 years off that if I had it in the beginning.

Here is something a bit different from me. This is for my upcoming Weapons of the Gods game. It is a map of the valley that the PCs are from, now being called back as their beloved sifu has been poisoned.

Might be useful for Ninja Hero, Dark Champions kinda thing or a Fantasy Hero with oriental trappings.

EagleForestloRes.jpg

RDU Neil launched a new chapter in the RDU... or... err.... outside of the RDU... last night. It is a multiverse, dimension hopping campaign where we are Champions of a alternate RDU.

Well, with new characters, comes new sketches. This is B's Victoria Hilton... aka Crystal.

CrystalloRes.jpg

Here is an NPC for my upcoming Weapons of the Gods game (tomorrow!). This is Forceful Leaf, spirit of the Eagle Forest Valley. She is a quasi-spirit... but of course, knows kung fu.

Because anyone of worth in WotG knows Kung Fu.

It is also new software for me, so it was a lot of struggle trying to figure out how to do stuff. This was done in Corel Painter IX (I've been a photoshop boy up to now.)

ForcefulLeafloRes.jpg

Are you saying you are dropping Photoshop in favor of Painter IX? Just curious.

Very nice artwork as usual. I have heard some good things about WotG. I was considering taking a look at it to see how Avatar: The last Airbender would translate to the system.

Here is an NPC for my upcoming Weapons of the Gods game (tomorrow!). This is Forceful Leaf, spirit of the Eagle Forest Valley. She is a quasi-spirit... but of course, knows kung fu.

It is also new software for me, so it was a lot of struggle trying to figure out how to do stuff. This was done in Corel Painter IX (I've been a photoshop boy up to now.)

ForcefulLeafloRes.jpg

"Oh... WOW!" That is what came out of my mouth when I first saw this. You know Storn I think your stuff is getting better and better with every pic.

Please Sir can we see some more.

QM

P.S.: Your LINK seems inactive please correct it. I gotta send you some money soon for pics

"Oh... WOW!" That is what came out of my mouth when I first saw this. You know Storn I think your stuff is getting better and better with every pic.

Please Sir can we see some more.

QM

P.S.: Your LINK seems inactive please correct it. I gotta send you some money soon for pics

Cut and paste the link from the his sig into your browser... works just fine for me, if that is what you were talking about.

Are you saying you are dropping Photoshop in favor of Painter IX? Just curious.

Very nice artwork as usual. I have heard some good things about WotG. I was considering taking a look at it to see how Avatar: The last Airbender would translate to the system.

Dunno. Right now, I'm hitting the learning curve of Painter pretty hard. What has been years of Photoshop exp, sometimes gets in the way. On the other hand, I do think Painter does an easier job of bringing texture into digital artwork.

Photoshop, so far, seems to be easier for me in handling layers and things like "multiply".

As for WoTG handling Avatar. It probably could...although I'm not sure better than Hero. So much of WotG is rooted in the mythic China bit. Much of what folks do on Avatar is more like spells (throwing fireballs, constructing water walls) than they way kung fu is mechanically represented in WotG. Although, reaching out and hitting someone at range is definitely possible with certain styles... it would be childs play to come up with fireballs and the like.

Also, WoTG beginning characters can easily, in 10 secs, take out 10 normal folk. I'm not sure if the Avatar power level can do that.

Having said that, WotG has absolutely awesome Chi rules that tie in nicely with their martial arts system. It also handles Disadvantages in a way that I really like. There are cool "doing things with Style" and making up Kung Fu stuff through Chi expenditure. The die rolling mechanic is different and interesting to me. I'm very excited about trying it.

There is a fair amount of support material in pdf format on Eos website. The "what is WotG" really gives the core die mechanics.

Check it out.

Another NPC for my upcoming WotG game and more experimenting with Painter, this time heavily using the oil brushes as opposed to the watercolor stuff earlier.

This is Angry Wren

AngryWrenloRes.jpg

Whoever made her angry is in trouble, looks like.

great work

ForcefulLeafloRes.jpg

Damn that's cool Storn. it made me go check aout what WotG was and I love those comics so you might have made a sale for them! Tell them they owe you a referral!

:D And she looks awesome too. A kungfu Dryad? Sweet.