Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Hey! Its the guy from the Adventures series!! He was the one washing his face in the toilet in the cyberspace adventure.

I've seen this guy in over a dozen drawings, I'm thinking. So kewl to finally know his name and powers.

Thanks alot, Storn. Any details on the other members? Like the flying gal with the short black hair and the heart motif to her costume?

Originally posted by death tribble

I wondered what Veer was doing now that Babylon 5 had ended.

(ducks to avoid the hurled objects of disapproval)

We made plenty of "Vir/Veer" jokes, last night. When the name was first mentioned, we said, "We're gonna meet a pudgy guy with feather hair?" :D

Originally posted by Knightraven

Hey! Its the guy from the Adventures series!! He was the one washing his face in the toilet in the cyberspace adventure.

I've seen this guy in over a dozen drawings, I'm thinking. So kewl to finally know his name and powers.

Thanks alot, Storn. Any details on the other members? Like the flying gal with the short black hair and the heart motif to her costume?

That was Wild Heart. She doesn't fly, unless it was courtesy of my character Vector (not Veer, Veer's the clone) teke abilities. Wild Heart is RDU Neil's character and the leader of NYC's indomitable Mavericks. They were a couple for a short period way back in time... something that Veer has flashes of . As Vector's DNA was sampled from those NYC adventures about 7 years ago, game time.

Awe mannn 111

That's just to cool Storn . I gotto tell yah I'm more of a lurker than a poster , but I always follow your stuff . Keep it up . Besides , it's just so fun to watch your groups and you banter back and forth on the Green Ronin forum .

Keep up the great work . Hope Steve and crew are pay'in attention on the great work your producing .

Thanks a Fan

Originally posted by Knightraven

Any WIld Heart pics lying around?

Just what has been published. Wild Heart is a character that doesn't get a lot of air time for the last few years. We have moved on to other campaigns.

Storn,

Just out of curiousity, how long does it take you draw a character to the point that they are when you submit them to the board?

Is it a sit-down-one-afternoon thing, or does it take several days?

As a non-artistic type, I am always amazed at the speed at which some individuals can crank out drawings. Your work has always impressed me as top notch so I was just wondering how quickly they "flow from your head to paper".

Originally posted by Durnin

Storn,

Just out of curiousity, how long does it take you draw a character to the point that they are when you submit them to the board?

Is it a sit-down-one-afternoon thing, or does it take several days?

As a non-artistic type, I am always amazed at the speed at which some individuals can crank out drawings. Your work has always impressed me as top notch so I was just wondering how quickly they "flow from your head to paper".

About 2-3 hours, pencils to inks to scanned to colored. Some can take a bit longer, the folds in the clothing of the "lion" like one I just posted took some thought in the pencil and ink stage. He might ahve been 3 or 4 hours, I odn't really keep track.

I think I'm fairly quick. But single figures, I've been doing a long time, I'm comfortable doing them. Backgroounds, storytelling, objects, multiple figures interacting, perspective all make for a lot more complexity... a full collored full page "scene" could take 1 to 2 days, Ninja Hero cover took me a week.

Somedays are faster than others too...somedays it flows off the pencil.

Originally posted by Storn

Here is a private commission for RW Temple. His idea, my doodle.

Sure could have used this guy last time I ran, just need to change to dirty khakis, and carrying an "AK-47.

Anyhow, without further ado

Really nice picture. What ThunderCats should have looked like.:D

About 2-3 hours, pencils to inks to scanned to colored. Some can take a bit longer, the folds in the clothing of the "lion" like one I just posted took some thought in the pencil and ink stage. He might ahve been 3 or 4 hours, I odn't really keep track.

That is truly incredible! Considering that you are doing the coloring and everything!

We used to have an artist in our group that would draw characters and such from time to time, but it would take him about a day or so. He was a serious perfectionist as well which might explain the slowness.

He is currently working as a commercial artist. At least he was the last time I talked to him...

Thank you for the insight Storn!

Here is the ill-fated Condor. Killed immediately in his first outing by Cyberblade in a vicious firefight in the jungle. If you are interested, another update of UNTIL Black OPs Team is up on my Green Ronin thread of the same name as this one.

Tent Minis

Hey Storn,

I've worked up a PDF of tent minis based on a selection of characters from this thread and its counterpart on the Green Ronin board. With your permission, I'd like to post them here for everyone to enjoy.

Included are:

Dreyogg

Generic Guy

Kid Cobalt

Geist

Demonstar

Thunderbird

Milo

Locke

Chango

Veer

Condor

UNTIL agent

Cyblade

Marie Gerrrmond

Dark Cloud agent

Scallion

I've also got a pic of Fortune that looks like it should be in this group, but since I got it from your website rather than either thread, I've not placed it in the PDF intended for sharing.

So whaddya say?

This is another commission. I didn't feel like opening a thread in Star Hero, where this image belongs. Just seemed better not to have over-proliferation of Storn threads.

Yup, another watercolor like one. Obviously a character in a sci fi game that should be obvious when you open the link.

The character is Bob Fletchers... to give credit where credit is due.

The others have been good, but that one is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Re: Demon Star

I really like this one, especially the way the feet are "different"

However, does he have 3 toes and 4 fingers? Not impossible, I know, but I wasn't sure.

Martial artist with force field of some kind?

This was a pencil drawing done at Saturday's gaming table. It is Eric's character, who hasn't had a ton of "air time' compared to his other characters. But he's a great character. I'll let Eric tell you about him.

Yes, I didn't ink it. The paper that I sketch on is not good enough quality to accept brush and/or quill... so this is another digital coloring over pencils. hey, I like the style. Your mileage may vary.

I LIKE!!!!!

I must agree. Your art was always good, but the newer stuff is even better!

Here is a private commission for RW Temple. His idea, my doodle.

Sure could have used this guy last time I ran, just need to change to dirty khakis, and carrying an "AK-47.

Anyhow, without further ado

Re: Tent Minis

Originally posted by Dynamo

Hey Storn,

I've worked up a PDF of tent minis based on a selection of characters from this thread and its counterpart on the Green Ronin board. With your permission, I'd like to post them here for everyone to enjoy.

Included are:

I've also got a pic of Fortune that looks like it should be in this group, but since I got it from your website rather than either thread, I've not placed it in the PDF intended for sharing.

So whaddya say?

You have my permission. do me a favor, put the link to them on both Green Ronin and Here. I can't play favorites. As for Fortune, sure, throw him into the PDF too. Look forward to seeing them!

>>Wow Storn, These pics areway cool. I hope to see a few more of these in upcoming champs produces (hope, hope, hope.)

<<<

I wouldn't hold my breath. Most of these pics are for my own gaming group. They have nothing to do with Champions or Hero Games or even Mutants and Mastermind's settings. But if a character comes up that it would be appropriate to use one of these pics, I will certainly do so. But the odds of that are probably slim.