Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Hey Storn, great displays at GenCon. That Fantasy HERO cover was awesome. I hope it sold. I would've taken it off your hands if I could have. Nice to get a chance to meet you.

-T (the guy who had all the supers you've drawn for his campaign's PCs on his t-shirt)

I have my next 3 (4 really) Storn requests planned.

One will be of Shina Arikawa, while the other will be of Amber Long, both of whom appeared in Digital Hero.

The next two will be the Nys sister, from Kazei 5, in a paired portrait. That should be a fun one!

I have my next 3 (4 really) Storn requests planned.

One will be of Shina Arikawa, while the other will be of Amber Long, both of whom appeared in Digital Hero.

The next two will be the Nys sister, from Kazei 5, in a paired portrait. That should be a fun one!

Sounds cool. Shina Arikawa and Amber Long were very interesting characters. Don't know the other two.

Sounds cool. Shina Arikawa and Amber Long were very interesting characters. Don't know the other two.

Shion & Marta are from the 4th Edition Kazei 5 worldbook that's still in the HERO Store in PDF form. Anime-cyberpunk action. Shion's a powerful esper weapon, Marta's a top-end street samurai.

I did actually purchase K5 a while back, but haven't had the time to give it the attention it probably deserves.

/thread derailment

Most everyone who's looked at has said nice things about it.

Hey Storn, great displays at GenCon. That Fantasy HERO cover was awesome. I hope it sold. I would've taken it off your hands if I could have. Nice to get a chance to meet you.

-T (the guy who had all the supers you've drawn for his campaign's PCs on his t-shirt)

Thank you for your kind words. The Fantasy Hero cover did not sell. But I did sell a couple of other originals. Gencon was very good to me this year.

Here is Lethe's gadgeteer with very clever origins... perhaps he will share:

DevicesloRes.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/

I got a chance to play Burning Wheel for the first time last night. A one shot that rocked. As usually happens, I need to put down visuals for my character and often the ones around me...and I snuck these doodles in while the spotlight wasn't on my character.

Beliefs, Instincts and Traits really make up for juicy roleplaying opportunities... hopefully, J. and Paka will share theirs for their characters... but here is my PC's, Orwen's:

Beliefs

I am known to be a Hero and Leader of Men, but the truth is I am a coward. I fear exposure of my cowardice almost as much as pain or death.

The Mercenaries are my family. Their survival is paramount, overriding contract or honor. I want us out of the siege!

Princess Loristina is the only person who has seen some worth in me. I'm besotted. And determined to see her survive the upcoming ordeal.

Instincts:

Always know where the exits are

When challenged, act arrogant, try to bluster through

Never see his own worth

Traits

Arrogant

Respectful of higher rank

Gifted

Coward

And here is the pic for Orwen:

OrwenloRes.jpg

Here is Paka's Bastard Prince Lore

PrinceLoreloRes.jpg

And J.'s "Shield of the King", Brant

BrantloRes.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/

I'm thinking the same thing ... it'd be interesting to know her background.

DEVICES Background:

Denise Haworl worked for SETI. One late evening, the system recorded a possible alien transmission. However, it seemed coded. Months passed with no new transmission and no working translation of the original message. A workaholic, Denise took the code with her (in her PDA) while vacationing in the Caribbean. A frozen daiquiri offered new perspective and she unlocked the code. As the stored transmission became legible, it commandeered her PDA and reconfigured its wireless communications. A signal was broadcast to a satellite, which then was overtaken and beamed to deep outer space.

Later that night, Denise was awoken when a second transmission descended. Not to a receiver dish or even her PDA but it was beamed straight into her brain. Schematics filled her mind. Blueprints for wondrous devices that might change the course of mankind. But when she recovered and found herself tinkering with the coffeemaker in the hotel room, Denise worried what were the intentions of the alien species sending the information. Did she dare offer this newfound knowledge to the world?

She made the decision, realizing that there was some selfish motivation to being the keeper of advanced technology, to slowly test the innovations personally. What better method than becoming a superhero? If the technology proved too dangerous or burdened with risk to humanity, it would be contained, perhaps channeled to a better purpose. So Denise christened herself DEVICES. After she has built whatever schematic is currently in her head, the aliens transmit new designs to her. She has even been able to build a cybernetic implant that forces/invokes a transmission offering her further engineering/scientific insight though it is short-lasting. The world thinks she's a brilliant inventor and she wishes to keep the charade going for as long as possible.

[so the helm she wears is projecting her face as an image on a screen