Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

As a note, Storn has one of my commissions to post which he has not done yet and a further three on order. The latest one I have sent him, when completed, should make people go What On Earth ?

But it brings up an interesting point. Once these are done we will be on a countdown to my 50th commission. And that should be here within a year.

I may have to get something extra special to celebrate.

sorry DT. Here is the Ice Brick guy.

IceBrickloRes.jpg

Storn and the death tribble, how do you describe what you want. Is there a questionaire or something we could look at.

Thanks

QM

DT is pretty hands off. I get just a couple of sentences on MOST commissions. Occasionally, he wants something more specific and even supplies reference.

It really ranges from patron to patron. Sometimes I get 5 pages, sometimes a couple of sentences. What I ask is if you *don't* know, tell me and give me the room to make up stuff. When you DO know what you want, make sure I know it.

Sweet!

I should hope so it is what you put down as an entry in the from idea to art thread.

As for the Question Man here are a couple of descriptions that I sent Storn. I usually have an idea and generate a bit of what I want then send it to Storn.

Here is what I sent for Infinity two years ago.

Infinity.

Japanese woman

short hair bobbed.

No mask.

Cloak.

Infinity symbol on chest. Clearly visible to anyone who sees her face on.

Inside both parts of the Infinity symbol an atomic bomb mushroom cloud.

No visible flesh except face and part of neck.

Whole costume is utilitarian, not flashy ie no elbow high gloves or high heel boots.

This is what I sent for Medusa my first commission

Medusa has attractive Caucasian human face but odd colour or something eerie if you can suggest that in eyes, different colour snakes as hair about shoulder length.

One strand of snake is larger and longer than the others and is black about normal size. This is a Black Mamba. It should come down on the right side between shoulder and elbow.

Dress simple and a dark colour, blue, brown, gray, green or black. Hands in gloves with rings on fingers of gloves

Wears sunglasses like react to light sunglasses which darken in presence of light. These should be of a modern style and perched on the nose but not obscuring the eyes.

And last year Dr Snail

Dr Snail.

A giant snail with an obvious metal shell (visible rivets ?) which has radio antenna and radar.

The radar and antenna do not necessarily have to be at the top of the shell. The artillery piece does. There is no visible means of loading for this.

Also missile launchers and small inbuilt machine guns. The missile launchers should be small anti personnel devices and not like a giant pod nor something like a single on shot device the length of the shell.

An artillery piece is on top of the shell.

Plus Harrier Jump jet style jet engines. Probably best as a pair of pods at the bottom of the shell, each side. You would only see perhaps one side of the shell but for balance. It might not even be obvious that they are jets just pods.

Between the eye stalks perches his ubiquitous bowler hat.

An idea of size. From the ground to the bottom of the bowler perched between Dr Snail's eyestalks it is 6 feet minimum.

The Snail shell does not need to be given any particular colour scheme so a metal finish of some kind is appropriate even if dull. No rust though.

And Captain Communist just to show that I don't put a lot down akk the time.

Captain Communist. Short dark brown hair. Clear face. Caped costume. On chest are the bars of the US flag with a yellow hammer and sickle where the stars should be.

BTW' date=' this one is going down as an absolute favorite. :thumbup:[/quote']

Me too. I don't comment much on this Thread, but this picture is the coolest (pun only half-intended!).

And his background is great too.

I'd buy his comic book!

Two quickie doodles at the table of the Spirit of the Century game I was in last night. Dr. Stig was in play. Ray Ronin was not.... but a character I took an instant shine to when Judd (the GM of the SotC game that night) created just to explore chargen.... but it is such a great character, I had to doodle him up, while I was wrestling with how to approach Dr. Stig played by Jeff.

The link to last night's shennanigans is here:

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?p=6616861#post6616861

Dr. Stig

Dr-1.jpg

Ray Ronin

RayRoninskloRes.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/

Two quickie doodles at the table of the Spirit of the Century game I was in last night. Dr. Stig was in play. Ray Ronin was not.... but a character I took an instant shine to when Judd (the GM of the SotC game that night) created just to explore chargen.... but it is such a great character, I had to doodle him up, while I was wrestling with how to approach Dr. Stig played by Jeff.

The link to last night's shennanigans is here:

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?p=6616861#post6616861

Dr. Stig

Dr-1.jpg

Ray Ronin

RayRoninskloRes.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/

The good doctor looks neat, but Ray Ronin just looks like fun! Sword and trumpet? "Ray Ronin, The Jazzy Samurai" Love it! :thumbup: