Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Originally posted by Durnin

lores... low res! I get it. Finally... LOL

Ha!

Oh, that is funny. I can understand the confusion.

yeah, since 95% of the illos you see have a 300 or even a 600 dpi version, a higher resolution, to keep them straight, I label anything meant for the web as file "X" loRes... meaning Low Resolution. Just my shorthand to try and keep my files organized... cause I have hundreds of art files.

tent minis

[/i]

An updated PDF of tent-minis has been sent to Ben.

Storn, I gave each of us a bit of credit on the bottom of the sheet. Have a look and let me know if you'd like any changes to the next version.

Cool. I haven't taken a look yet, but I will. I should upload another one tomorrow (I have to wait til I use him in tonight's game before showing him... he is kinda a visual surprise to the group)

Here is "Luke". A clone of Locke (pictured earlier in this thread). Locke only inherited one "power" from his template... that of eidetic memory. No telepathy, no mind control.

So, Luke uncovers a great talent for building, gadgeteering and engineering. Just a supporting cast member, but I thought worth doing a picture.

Guest Dr.Unpossible

HERO5thed

Page 13

"Pic of the 6 Hero's from different Generas"

Storn, is there any way you could post a colour pic of this great image on your website? I wish it was the cover of my copy of FRED. It just screams to be used as the cover of a multi genre book.

Originally posted by Dr.Unpossible

HERO5thed

Page 13

"Pic of the 6 Hero's from different Generas"

Storn, is there any way you could post a colour pic of this great image on your website? I wish it was the cover of my copy of FRED. It just screams to be used as the cover of a multi genre book.

I will look for it. It is archived somwhere in my mess of a room (we are refinishing floors in the house, 1/2 of the house is jammed into my office).

The next four are from a monthly game I'm in. A horror campaign using Witchcraft from Eden Studios as the system, but borrowing many elements from Unknown Armies and tons and tons of other sources. This is the campaign my friend Rick has wanted to run for years... he is pulling out all the stops.

While not superheroes, they are modern. Maybe someone can use them as supporting cast NPCs.

This is my character George Phillappoussis, brooklyn cab driver, dabbled in stage magic and now is having visions.

Originally posted by Morningstar70

Storn...

I love the cover you did for Ninja Hero. It's one of the prettiest covered roleplaying games or roleplaying game supplements I've ever bought, if not THE prettiest (the red and gold embossed Kindred of the East comes close, though).

Thank you. Ninja Hero was a labor of love to be sure. Hope you like the fantasy hero cover that is upcoming too.

Originally posted by Evil Toki

I take the theme of the game or the characters is playing cards... a card slipped into every picture :)

Actually, the card theme came from the fact in the last ep, my character, an ex-stage magician (it was a stage in his life, pun intended, he is happier being a cabbie) used his "real" magic to give everyone a token. This token in game terms was an extra reroll much like a Hero Pt in M&M. In the setting, I gave each character a king from the deck of cards (actually doing it at the table). George (my PC) would not recover his Essense til a card was tossed, a token used.

Each king suit sorta "fit" each of the pcs... including my pc. I just incorporated into the portraits, using Aces cause at that scale, it would be a hell of a lot easier to draw than kings.

There is not a group identity as such. Each of the four pcs have become very good friends over the last few adventures... a band of brothers, so to speak. The friendship among them is some of the best and most rewarding roleplaying I've had the opportunity to be a part of. Very exciting stuff, not so much to write aobut, but to experience... it is a blast.

STORN --

Dude! How are ya?

I like your stuff, here. But then you know I'm a fan, so it kinda figures.

Don't worry about people not liking palettes. More to do with one's natural aesthetics than with your skill.

About that piano picture -- I told my wife the other night that when we get to be insanely wealthy, I'll buy her a print of it, and put it in the living room of our (future) super-cool house, 'cause she likes it so.

Originally posted by Dr Rotwang!

STORN --

Dude! How are ya?

I like your stuff, here. But then you know I'm a fan, so it kinda figures.

Don't worry about people not liking palettes. More to do with one's natural aesthetics than with your skill.

About that piano picture -- I told my wife the other night that when we get to be insanely wealthy, I'll buy her a print of it, and put it in the living room of our (future) super-cool house, 'cause she likes it so.

I can run you off a print for $12.00. I don't think you have to be insanely wealthy to afford that. If you want to buy the original, it would be a bit more, but nothing astronomical.

The original is monochromatic blue. So you have a choice of monochromatic blue or the gray that it printed in. It isn't a huge piece, pretty compact. But it is a fav of a friend of mine too. It was for him that I drew the piano getting shot up. He's taking piano.

In fact, if anyone wants a print of something, its 12.00.

TWELVE BUCKS?! Jebus! You wanna take my horses, and the rest of the stagecoach, too?!

No, I'm kidding. Her birthday is in September. How big is the print? Is the size variable?

I'm seein' it floated on a matte, under frameless glass, hanging in the living room.

Whooo!

8.5 x 11, landscape in this case, is the size of the print. I could send out for a print to be made (be more expensive), but I wouldn't suggest it. The original is only around 8" wide, 5" tall. I can re-scan at really high res and blow it up a smidge, but blowing up artwork is never a really good idea. I wouldn't recommend going past 10" wide