Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Here is Xtreme Danger Girl from Dr. Bob (an individual I've had the pleasure of gaming with) for his upcoming Champions game that he will be playing in.

Looking ahead at my cue, it is the first of several "modern" gun toting characters. Odd how they some themes just clump together in tight groupings... like the time I did about 4 or 5 superman clones in a space of a month.

XDgirlloRes.jpg

Next up are doodles done during play. This is for a playtest for Giants... the game where size does matter... or fe fi fo FUN!!!! Jeff of the Sons of Kryos, is creating this game and I've been in two playtests of it. I'm really excited about it. Here is a thread where jeff is talking about what he is starting.

http://www.indie-rpgs.com/forum/index.php?topic=21994.0

As for the art, the guy in the river is Reed... and is my character. His sister, Delphina is the one coming out of the fountain... where she is regarded by her community as the Goddess of the Sea.... whereas I'm the smaller brother upriver and that is my desmense. Delphina was played by Julia, Jeff's wife... and she is an awesome player and was SO big sister to my impetuous little brother. Ton of fun. Literally!

Reed.jpg

Delphina.jpg

Is D-Girl about to roll to her right? Her center of gravity looks like it is an unstable pose, or like she is moving. The only reason I bring it up is because I've been doing a ton of work recently with Poser and looking at literally hundreds of different poses and analyzing the center of gravity of them. Of course, as I've send, no artistic talent in my bones so if I'm wrong no prob. I like to give some constructive criticism when I can as you know. ;)

That could be too, but the center of gravity looks (to me) shifted enough that she is going to either roll again, or is in mid movement which would also be cool to mention as it gives the impression that she is actually doing something rather then just coping a pose for a picture.

Like I mentioned, a plethora of gunbums and bunnies was on the way. Here they be.... This first one is for a Shadowrun campaign:

StrSamloRes.jpg

This one is for a zombie campaign.

ZWarriorloRes.jpg

And this one is for Death Tribble, which I believe is for Champions, but a fangtastic firepower weilding vampiress.

VampgunloRes.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/

ZWarriorloRes.jpg

I also like the t-shirt. =) What's up with his right hand? Almost looks backwards.

VampgunloRes.jpg

Not to be a @#$%, but those are the silliest machine pistols I've ever seen. They don't look like they'd fit in the hand, bullpup style magazines are usually pretty far behind the hand for a reason... and the stocks don't look like they actually retract.

...uh... not that I could do any better, mind, but I figure I could try to contribute without the usual worship, at least, and I am trying to be constructive, not negative, hope that comes across... nice work, as always, Storn. =)

You're on my list of places to spend money at, but right now you're behind some car parts and a new flashlight. =)

I also like the t-shirt. =) What's up with his right hand? Almost looks backwards.

Not to be a @#$%, but those are the silliest machine pistols I've ever seen. They don't look like they'd fit in the hand, bullpup style magazines are usually pretty far behind the hand for a reason... and the stocks don't look like they actually retract.

...uh... not that I could do any better, mind, but I figure I could try to contribute without the usual worship, at least, and I am trying to be constructive, not negative, hope that comes across... nice work, as always, Storn. =)

You're on my list of places to spend money at, but right now you're behind some car parts and a new flashlight. =)

I not only concur and had the same opinions, but I would like to add two more layman view points. What's going on with his knees? Something looks really off. His right knee looks "blocky". Maybe something in the pocket? His left knee looks like it is twisted too far.

I'm not sure if the vampire is supposed to have implants, but her breasts look like they are "fused" rather than there being the expected cleavage. It may be that they are being pushed together by her shirt, but the shadow should be deeper I would think.

Again this is intended as constructive, and from the viewpoint of a nonartist. The overall compositions are good, and something I will probably never achieve in this lifetime.

I'm not sure if the vampire is supposed to have implants, but her breasts look like they are "fused" rather than there being the expected cleavage. It may be that they are being pushed together by her shirt, but the shadow should be deeper I would think.

They notice the chest, they notice the guns. Do they notice her beauty spot ? No.

Do they notice the lack of leather and sunglasses ? No.

Some people.

They notice the chest, they notice the guns. Do they notice her beauty spot ? No.

Do they notice the lack of leather and sunglasses ? No.

Some people.

Offended much? Yes, I noticed. If it were just one more matrix/goth character, I wouldn't bother to comment. I also don't like being lumped with the mammory-obsessed guy.

That aside, yeah, its nice to see a vampire outside of leather and shades or the frilly french thing. I noticed the guns most cuz I'm a bit of a gun nut.... I noticed the hand cuz Ilm into knives and was looking at that, too. I'm into breasts, but not usually on drawings. :D

I also gush on Storn too often, and wanted to try and be a bit constructive instead of goobering on him again.

:rolleyes: Sorry no. I'm not mammary obsessed. I was simply looking at the detail within the drawing. Since Remjin pointed out the other items I noticed I saw no point to mentioning them again. But to each his own I guess.

And yes, I noticed that she wasn't the typical vampire as well. As I said I liked the overall composition. Like Remjin, I try to actually give constructive criticism to help Storn grow rather than just saying "Awesome". I'm sure he realizes that it is awesome, but just like having an editor review your prose it is good to have others, even complete laymen such as myself point out things that seem "off".

To throw in some good comments - Storn, your clothing seems to just keep improving with each new pic. The shading on these last three are very good. I think it is your use of folds and shadow that really conveys the motion of the character just as much as their poses. Also, the hair falls into a similar vane. The way that it is either moving or the little wisps of hair really give a measure of realness to the characters.

:rofl: Yes' date=' I see the large mole under her eye. :sneaky:[/quote']

Oh, THAT beauty spot. I thought it was under the heart-shaped trinket on the choker. :D

I also noticed that the stocks of the guns seemed to "lock" or at least fit into spots on the bracers she's wearing. What's the concept behind that?