Followup Question #2: "Now I'm Free Falling..."

Hyper-Man

Question

Hi Steve,

Since 'environmental damage' vs. 'attack based damage' seems to be the difference in your original ruling on this subject I wanted to provide specific examples to clarify.

Say we have:

Rubber-Guy, who has Desolidification with the Limitation "Cannot Pass Through Solid Objects".

and his sidekick, Rubber-Boy, who also has Desolidification with the Limitation "Cannot Pass Through Solid Objects" plus the additional Limitation "Does Not Protect Against Damage".

Situation #1:

Assuming that both characters are Desolidified and are hit by an attack of any sfx but that does not have the Advantage "Affects Desolidified".

Is it safe to say that Rubber-Guy takes no damage from the attack but Rubber-Boy does?

Situation #2:

Both characters are grabbed by another character with STR or Telekinesis purchased with the Advantage "Affects Desolidified" while they are Desolidified and thrown into the ground.

Is it safe to say that Rubber-Guy takes no damage from being thrown into the ground but Rubber-Boy does?

Situation #3:

Both Characters are pushed out the side of a flying airplane and both falling characters activate their Desolidification before hitting the ground.

Is it safe to say that Rubber-Guy takes no damage from falling to the ground but Rubber-Boy does?

If the answer to #1 is yes and #3 is no please tell me the difference between #2 and the other two.

Thanks.

1 answer to this question

Re: Followup Question #2: "Now I'm Free Falling..."

1. That’s correct.

2. That’s correct. Ordinarily neither of them would take damage, because being thrown to the ground is an attack, not falling. But since Rubber-Boy has the additional Limitation that his Desolidification doesn’t protect him from damage at all, he takes damage in this situation.

3. Both characters take falling damage, per my previous answers on this subject.