The Night of the 1001 Character Pics…

aylwin13

...or something like that.

For the last seven or eight years I've been building a huge collection of character pics that I've been downloading from pretty much every corner of the Internet. I started out looking primarily for supers, but soon started grabbing fantasy chars, normals, agents, etc. This collection numbers somewhere around 3500 pics, I think (although even as I type I have still more in the "New Pics" folder). I have long wanted to share these with others looking for char art, so as to save them the time that I've spent searching the 'Net. Finally, I've been able to do this (with a little help).

Our very own Zornwil has offered space on his website, and took the time to post this huge collection of files for me. Now everyone can grab and use these pics with a lot less effort. I hope you folks can make use of some of these pics, or just enjoy looking at them.

The link to the pics list is http://www.realschluss.org/misc-pics/aylwin13-collection/index.htm, or it's linked from Zornwil's homepage http://www.realschluss.org/ .

Re: The Night of the 1001 Character Pics…

Nifty. A buddy called me last night mentioning pics from the RCU were on there. As one of the artists, he mentioned feeling a little weird about the pic just showing up without any mention of his name.

I'm going to get links to all the RCU pics and ask for a separate link of RCU only giving credit to the artists. Don't think I'm pissed, I just want credit where it is due. I think the idea is incredible and it looks like Wilson outdid himself!

Very cool indeed! Rep to you both!

If you're interested, I've got several pics that I've colored for use in my games that you're more than welcome to. I should note that I'm not the original artist - I just colored them. They were originally greyscale images colored from various published HERO books. So, it might be necessary to get the blessings of the various original artists and the HERO crew before I could send them to you for posting. But, if you want them, I don't mind if they don't.

Nifty. A buddy called me last night mentioning pics from the RCU were on there. As one of the artists, he mentioned feeling a little weird about the pic just showing up without any mention of his name.

I'm going to get links to all the RCU pics and ask for a separate link of RCU only giving credit to the artists. Don't think I'm pissed, I just want credit where it is due. I think the idea is incredible and it looks like Wilson outdid himself!

Savinien, I'd like to extend my sincerest apologies to your friend, and all of the other artists who's work has been posted in this collection without their names. I would love to have credited each and ever pic, but this was definitely a "grab the pic as you see it" collection. A lot of times the artist's names weren't there anyway. That's why I had Wilson add the disclaimer that I only gathered, and am taking no credit for doing any of the artwork (other than a handful of them that I actually did do).

wow, there's a few pictures my friend did up there. :)

Myriad and Chaos are heroines though. :)

Sorry about that nexus. There are probably quite a few pics in the "wrong" folders. I grouped them according to how I saw the character, not necessarily how the creator did. Even so; great char pics are still great char pics, no matter how they're categorized. ;)

Sorry about that nexus. There are probably quite a few pics in the "wrong" folders. I grouped them according to how I saw the character' date=' not necessarily how the creator did. Even so; great char pics are still great char pics, no matter how they're categorized. ;)[/quote']

Oh its no big deal! I was just poking a little fun. :) Great site! I know I'll be frequent visitor.

Savinien' date=' I'd like to extend my sincerest apologies to your friend, and all of the other artists who's work has been posted in this collection without their names. I would love to have credited each and ever pic, but this was definitely a "grab the pic as you see it" collection. A lot of times the artist's names weren't there anyway. That's why I had Wilson add the disclaimer that I only gathered, and am taking no credit for doing any of the artwork (other than a handful of them that I actually did do).[/quote']

That's what I figured, Man. No harm done and I think I came up with a work-around with Zorn. Still love the idea!

Savinien' date=' I'd like to extend my sincerest apologies to your friend, and all of the other artists who's work has been posted in this collection without their names. I would love to have credited each and ever pic, but this was definitely a "grab the pic as you see it" collection. A lot of times the artist's names weren't there anyway. That's why I had Wilson add the disclaimer that I only gathered, and am taking no credit for doing any of the artwork (other than a handful of them that I actually did do).[/quote']

Well, I was the third RCU-ite to see the site, after our buddy and Savien. I think its pretty cool, actually. Kind of amused, too, since you grabbed some which my reaction is "they grabbed _________?" but I'm entitled to be my own worst critic. It is a handy resource, though.

I saw a pic of mine in there too ("Dalla"). Thats what I get for posting it here ;)

Seriously, Im glad you liked the drawing enough to post it in the gallery. Consider yourself to have "fair use" rights to it, and any others of mine you post, Zorn and Aylwin :)

Thanks i.j

Again I just want to say that I have no intention of taking any credit for, making a profit from, or anything else with these pics. I share them with the other players in my group, and we use them in our campaign. I just knew how much time and effort it took me to collect them and wanted to save others that trouble. Zornwil is just providing a place for them to be shared with anyone else searching for good char pics. :)

Guest Major Tom

A very nice site indeed. In fact, it reminds me of another superhero website

that not only had superhero/supervillain pics (both modified and original pics),

but it also had campaign logs as well, for something called the Star*Guard

campaign (IIRC). The website was mentioned on these boards not too long

ago, but I can't remember what it was called or what the URL was. Does

anyone remember what the site was called, or what forum thread it can be

found on?

Major Tom :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

Please excuse the minor bit of thread necromancy; but I just wanted to bump it up one time. There may be a few people who didn't get to see this the first time around. :)