The Night of the 1001 Character Pics…

aylwin13

…or something like that.

For the last seven or eight years I’ve been building a huge collection of character pics that I’ve been downloading from pretty much every corner of the Internet. I started out looking primarily for supers, but soon started grabbing fantasy chars, normals, agents, etc. This collection numbers somewhere around 3500 pics, I think (although even as I type I have still more in the “New Pics†folder). I have long wanted to share these with others looking for char art, so as to save them the time that I’ve spent searching the ‘Net. Finally, I’ve been able to do this (with a little help).

Our very own Zornwil has offered space on his website, and took the time to post this huge collection of files for me. Now everyone can grab and use these pics with a lot less effort. I hope you folks can make use of some of these pics, or just enjoy looking at them.

The link to the pics list is http://www.realschluss.org/misc-pics...tion/index.htm, or it’s linked from Zornwil’s homepage http://www.realschluss.org/ .

Re: The Night of the 1001 Character Pics…

Frenchman, you can download Firefox for free and it will display the images and IMHO is a much better browser than IE.

Aylwin13 - Great pictures and thanks for the link. One question would it be possible to get a single zip that contains all of the images?

Very nice collection!

Where are the "templates" from?

The Templates were actually posted here, in a 3.5mb zip, by our very own lemming. I just snagged them for my collection. His post tells a bit more about them.

Frenchman, you can download Firefox for free and it will display the images and IMHO is a much better browser than IE.

Aylwin13 - Great pictures and thanks for the link. One question would it be possible to get a single zip that contains all of the images?

I believe that is a question for Zornwil, as there are some 300+mb worth of files there. I don't know how big an issue that would be.

Frenchman' date=' you can download Firefox for free and it will display the images and IMHO is a much better browser than IE.[/quote']

I do use firefox, have since it was beta. I happen to despise microsoft very, very much - but the versions of Photoshop I am able to get for 1/4 price are for windows only:thumbdown

Otherwise, I'd be using Linux. Most likely will for my next computer - as long as I can run Spore on it:cool:

Tee hee

I get all amused when I look through someones pic albums and find drawings I did.

Ok, so there were only a few, but still

tee hee.

I always like it when I see someone's art postings and find drawings that I like enough to add to my collection. :D

Thanks to everyone that's posted artwork to these boards, or on their own websites. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...