Martial Arts and Telekinesis

dstarfire

Question

I'm trying to do martial arts via telekinesis and am having some trouble understanding the rules for martial arts, as they apply to TK and being used at range.

Can melee martial manuevers be used at range via telekinesis?

In building custom manuevers, should I use the ranged or melee element costs?

Do you have to pay extra to do this, and if so, how do you calculate the cost?

I've been through the UMA section about advantaged manuevers, but what it doesn't address what to do when the str being used with the manuever already has the desired advantages.

2 answers to this question

Re: Martial Arts and Telekinesis

1. Yes, that’s the whole point of the rules on 5ER 230 — just like Telekinesis allows a character to use Strike, which is normally a HTH Combat attack only, at Range, with the GM’s permission the rules on 5ER 230 could allow a character to perform some Combat/Martial Maneuvers at range.

2-3. That’s up to the GM, but as a default if a character’s building Martial Maneuvers specifically for use with Telekinesis he should use the Ranged Martial Arts rules. There’s no extra “usable with TK” cost.

4. Yes, it does. It says at the top left of UMA 104 that Advantages on STR don’t apply to Martial Maneuvers, and that an Advantage for a Martial Maneuver must be purchased separately for each Maneuver.