Genre-crossover nightmares

AdamLeisemann

Re: Genre-crossover nightmares

Now, now... I'll grant you that Walker was just shy of being ubercompetent, but I

wouldn't go so far as to put him in the same league as the Q.

Major Tom 2009 :winkgrin:

Didnt you notice Chuck Norris as Walker.

Chuck Norris could kick Q's interdimensional @$$ in all realities simultaneously.

Dont make Chuck Norris have to come get you.

Didnt you notice Chuck Norris as Walker.

Chuck Norris could kick Q's interdimensional @$$ in all realities simultaneously.

Dont make Chuck Norris have to come get you.

There's really only one intelligent response to that statement:

:nya:

Major Tom 2009 :eg:

The story goes...

Oscar Wilde goes to the U.S., does his 'act' on stage with those elements as part of the 'act'.

Oscar Wilde gets accused in England of being a homosexual in a newspaper.

Oscar Wilde sues for libel.

At trial, newspaper proves that yes, Oscar Wilde is a homosexual.

Chain of logic follows...

Oscar Wilde acts like (X)

Oscar Wilde is known to be a homosexual.

Therefore, homosexuals act like (X).

But actually, Oscar Wilde's act was a exageration of a Victorian Era wealthy upper class Englishman, intended to amuse the crude Americans.

There is another story behind this. Gilbert & SUllivan had just released an operetta called Patience about "aesthetic" poets. Now previous G&S works like HMS Pinafore and The Pirates of Penzance had done well in the United States and Canada, but the aesthetic movement was virtually unheard of in North America and the new play was a hard sell. So D'Oyly Carte, the opera's producer, got the idea to send someone to America to explain it so that people would go to the satire. The person who ended up going was Wilde, who was one of the main targets of Gilbert's satire but who found the play quite funny.

Unlike the protagonist of Patience, a poetic fraud who just loved attention, Wilde of course had actual talent. His best works (The Picture of Dorian Gray, The Importance of Being Earnest, and "The Ballad of Reading Gaol" among others) was still ahead of him as was his controversy and disgrace.

The Three Stooges vs. The Curse of Nyukthalorep.

Major Tom 2009 :ugly:

Woo-Woo-AIIIIEEEEEEE!!!

Why send the Three Stooges against the Cthulhu Mythos?

Because you can't drive someone out of their mind when they have no mind! I believe the pie-fight scene between the boys and the Deep Ones would look a little bizarrre, though.

Like Water for The Elephant's Child (Water For Elephants meets Like Water For Chocolate meets the Elephant's Child by Rudyard Kipling. I have no idea what this would be like, and therefore, I can only assume that it would be totally awful and involve a lot of spanking and nose pulling.)