Make Your Own Motivational Poster

Susano

Re: Make Your Own Motivational Poster

Back off, monster!

Teddy.jpg

See, this is the essence of what a paladin is. Literal nightmares, unimaginable to science, unstoppable by any strength or artifice of men, and you stand up to them every night, all night, without hesitation or complaint. And the rest of the world will never know.

But you will. And it is your duty.

See' date=' [u']this[/u] is the essence of what a paladin is. Literal nightmares, unimaginable to science, unstoppable by any strength or artifice of men, and you stand up to them every night, all night, without hesitation or complaint. And the rest of the world will never know.

But you will. And it is your duty.

"A Teddy Bear in Hell": new HERO adventure by Cancer.

I've obviously reached the "cranky old man" stage.

I REMEMBER WHEN...Legos didn't come in KITS that were designed to snap together into pre-designed forms. MY Legos came in a big box with no instructions and no limits. You could build whatever the **** you wanted, and could imagine.

KIDS THESE DAYS have it easy. IN MY DAY Legos didn't come with all these specialized parts, moving parts, and whatnot. You had a limited variety of bricks and you had to build everything based on that.

I REMEMBER WHEN...Legos didn't come in KITS that were designed to snap together into pre-designed forms. MY Legos came in a big box with no instructions and no limits. You could build whatever the **** you wanted, and could imagine.

KIDS THESE DAYS have it easy. IN MY DAY Legos didn't come with all these specialized parts, moving parts, and whatnot. You had a limited variety of bricks and you had to build everything based on that.

Funny thing is, Lego started as sets with specific pieces, made of wood. Making them universal/interchangable was the first change, then plastic after the war.

I still have some of my kits from the 1960s...

I've done Customer Service for 20 years. I got out of it to work in IT.

Ironically I did it for two reasons. Money and I like customer service.

Granted, I've done most of my CS work in a college town (Pop 55k) and on college campuses, but I enjoyed getting to know my customers on a first name basis, I was proud that they could come to me with questions and problems and know that I was capable and on their side. Yes there were some bad eggs, we called the cops 3 times in 12 years (4 if you count the robbery but I don't consider him a customer). And there were some people I hated helping.

I originally looked to office work at the university as an ideal job because I'd get to continue to help people and get better benefits and a higher pay ceiling...and no sales. That's what the bank became somewhere in year eight. I don't do sales. Sales isn't customer service. At least not at the bank. We became more focused on whoring out to new money that we ignored our existing loyal customers. Why? We got too big and we were losing money with the bad loans we'd gobbled up.

So I'm hoping to parlay my CS skills into an IT career. I'm something of a hermit myself, being introverted, but I do like feeling that I'm making a contribution to making someone's life better.

I work security at a private university. SOme of the Customer service I do is my favorite part. Sometimes there is that whole problem of lack of prior planning and sense of entitlement, of course.