Make Your Own Motivational Poster

Susano

Re: Make Your Own Motivational Poster

Made me snort with laughter' date=' anyway. :D[/quote']

Yay, the Force was with me!

You'll fit in around here just fine.

Yay, I'm one of you!

I liked that last one. :D

The King of the Monsters. Accept no substitute!

You both have good taste. ;)

Thank you. And to prove it, here are a couple of really, really great tunes:

Godzilla's Theme

, from the incomparable Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla II, perhaps the best Heisei Godzilla movie ever made, or perhaps the best of any of the eras.

' date=' from the incomparable [i']Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla II[/i], perhaps the best Heisei Godzilla movie ever made, or perhaps the best of any of the eras.

Here I have to disagree. Best Godzilla movie is the first Mechagodzilla movie. It has Gorilla aliens, Godzilla getting hurt and King Caeser with his dog like ears.

I always loved the bit where King Caesar (who was pretty awesome) was using Godzilla as a mobile shield as he walked through the absolutely ridiculous amount of beam-and-missile spam Mechagodzilla was throwing at them.

Even so, GvMG II has the "Godzilla as Nature's message" stuff I loved about the Heisei stuff, Rodan as a phoenix, and a couple of the coolest kaiju fights ever, particularly that second battle with Mechagodzilla. And the stuff that happens at the end, with Rodan, I love that bit so much that an homage to it is going into the novel that I consider my single greatest expression. :)

There were many contenders, though. My favorite, for various reasons that I'll have to explain sometime, might be Godzilla vs. Biollante, but the rest of Heisei (Destroyer, anyone?) was great, too.

When I visited Canada last October' date=' they were celebrating the anniversary of the Battle of Queenston Heights, which roughly coincided with Canadian Thanksgiving that year.

That was a significant blunder for the Americans, as was most of what they did in the War of 1812 (including starting the war in the first place). Thinking it would be easy to sneak in and conquer Canada while the British were occupied fighting Napoleon was not especially smart.

DOn't play the game' date=' but congrats on you know what.[/quote']

Thank you, sir! It was a lot of fun on a lot of levels. If you ever get an opportunity to play MI, you should definitely give it a whirl. It is a lot of fun and super easy to play, but still has a ton of strategy.

Thank you' date=' sir! It was a lot of fun on a lot of levels. If you ever get an opportunity to play MI, you should definitely give it a whirl. It is a lot of fun and super easy to play, but still has a ton of strategy.[/quote']

I played Monster Island. I never did get Invasion, though, because I couldn't afford it at the time. All I was able to recover from my friend's house was Monster Island, and so I am now deprived of "Escape", as well. :(

Thank you' date=' sir! It was a lot of fun on a lot of levels. If you ever get an opportunity to play MI, you should definitely give it a whirl. It is a lot of fun and super easy to play, but still has a ton of strategy.[/quote'] I rarely get a chance to game, nowadays. But if I ever see the game in a game shop I'll try to remember you (i'm sure i will by looking at the credits) and I'll but it.

and will a further sequel involve HAL? ;)

Lord knows Southern politeness sure is.

It certainly can be, but (like Canadian politeness) it goes a little deeper. A great deal of it is tied to the Southern "Culture of Honor" and the resulting likelihood of a duel or other violence. In a society where, for centuries, a slight could result in death, people develop a politeness that (while possibly only a veneer) is a survival trait. Heinlein said it best: "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."

It's a pattern of behavior that formed a culture. I am always polite, because good manners are important, but there is never any gray area about whether I dislike someone. I'm just not rude about it.

I played Monster Island. I never did get Invasion' date=' though, because I couldn't afford it at the time. All I was able to recover from my friend's house was Monster Island, and so I am now deprived of "Escape", as well. :([/quote']

I rarely get a chance to game, nowadays. But if I ever see the game in a game shop I'll try to remember you (i'm sure i will by looking at the credits) and I'll but it.

and will a further sequel involve HAL? ;)

Hey, if you take a look at the first link I posted, you'll notice that all MI books are now only 99 cents, with a couple that are $1.99. Sure they are eBooks, but they really aren't that big to print out yourself. I have the entire collection. ;)

It certainly can be' date=' but (like Canadian politeness) it goes a little deeper. A great deal of it is tied to the Southern "Culture of Honor" and the resulting likelihood of a duel or other violence. In a society where, for centuries, a slight could result in death, people develop a politeness that (while possibly only a veneer) is a survival trait. Heinlein said it best: "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."

It's a pattern of behavior that formed a culture. I am always polite, because good manners are important, but there is never any gray area about whether I dislike someone. I'm just not rude about it.

Rudeness doesn't help. It's never helped, including when I've used it.