Make Your Own Motivational Poster

Susano

Re: Make Your Own Motivational Poster

But impractical. As long as the portable hole and bag of holding are incorportated into the device they are unable to fulfill their usual functions, meaning you might as well not have them, and if the weapon is actually deployed, the hole and the bag are both permanently lost.

On the other hand it's a wonderful plan if you're up against something that cannot be destroyed by more conventional means and there is truly pressing need to destroy it anyway, or destroying it nets you access to something of greater value than the magic items you sacrifice.

Lucius Alexander

A palindromedary with saddle bags of holding

It's the atomic bomb of arrows.

But impractical. As long as the portable hole and bag of holding are incorportated into the device they are unable to fulfill their usual functions, meaning you might as well not have them, and if the weapon is actually deployed, the hole and the bag are both permanently lost.

On the other hand it's a wonderful plan if you're up against something that cannot be destroyed by more conventional means and there is truly pressing need to destroy it anyway, or destroying it nets you access to something of greater value than the magic items you sacrifice.

Lucius Alexander

The problem I found with it is the weight. The lightest bag of holding is 15lbs. empty. While it would work for a ballista, it is not man portable. Then there is the cost. You are looking at blowing circa 22,000 GP on a one shot item to blow a hole in something. That kind of cash will buy a lot of scrolls of disintegrate or meteor swarm.

The problem I found with it is the weight. The lightest bag of holding is 15lbs. empty. While it would work for a ballista' date=' it is not man portable. Then there is the cost. You are looking at blowing circa 22,000 GP on a one shot item to blow a hole in something. That kind of cash will buy a lot of scrolls of disintegrate or meteor swarm.[/quote']

I don't understand. Scrolls? Spells? Is that the thing that wizards do? The guys in dresses? :)

Vimes - 100% Fighter™

Bag of holding/ portable hole arrow. 3D6 RKA (45pts) NND (+1) Does Body (+1) AOE 2m rds (+1/4) OAF Fragile (-1 1/4) 1 charge that never recovers (-4) Inaccurate (-1/4): 146 Active points' date=' Real cost 23.[/quote']

Since they get tossed into the Astral plane, wouldn't that be Extra-dimensional travel as an attack?

I don't understand. Scrolls? Spells? Is that the thing that wizards do? The guys in dresses? :)

Vimes - 100% Fighter™

Wizards. You know, the guys who make the magic items that the rogues rip off.

EDIT:

Oh. That's right. That's what wizards are for - making magic weapons.

There have been campaigns where that's pretty much the sum of the wizard's role.

Wizards. You know, the guys who make the magic items that the rogues rip off.

EDIT:

There have been campaigns where that's pretty much the sum of the wizard's role.

I usually suggest they calculate the maximum damage of that spell and compare it to my charge range. :)

The problem I found with it is the weight. The lightest bag of holding is 15lbs. empty. While it would work for a ballista' date=' it is not man portable. [/quote']

And there is no spell in the D&D universe that allows one to take a 15 lb sack and shrink it down to the size of a tobacco pouch?

Lucius Alexander

That reminds me: My roommate is STILL playing in the goulash-Pathfinder game with the killer GM that I may have mentioned elsewhere (like in 'Have you ever said 'to hell with this' and left a game?'). He said that in the party's latest storming of a trap-filled bandit base, they collapsed a pit filled with "quickgrass"- basically something between a carnivorous plant and the Return of the Jedi Sarlacc Pit. But anyway the GM told them the creature's acidic saliva required them to make saving throws for all their items, including the glass vials THAT THEY WERE USING TO CONTAIN ALCHEMIST'S ACID.

JG

I cannot stand bus service, especially since my 8-mile trip to work, which takes less than 25 minutes by car, would be 2 hours with bus transfers.

But "public transportation" DOES perform a public service insofar as the kind of people you see on the bus ARE NOT ON THE ROAD DRIVING CARS. ;)

JG

Here's my horror stories with mass transit in STL.

1) 90 minutes, 75 of which are waiting at the transfer point... to go a mile and a half, which I can walk in 45 minutes.

2) On Gravois Road between Lindbergh and Highway 270, a two-mile stretch, there are no bus stops. North of Lindbergh you can take the 110 bus, South of 270 the 210 bus. To go south from Linbergh and Gravois to 270 and Gravois, you have to take the 110 NORTH. North all the way downtown, a good ten miles. Then you wait for the metro to take you to the Delmar station, 5-6 miles. Then you have to switch to the other branch of the metro which goes to the Shrewsbery station, 4-5 miles. Then you can finally catch the 210, which goes down Highway 44 to catch Highway 270 and eventually exiting onto Gravois and dropping you off after traveling a good 15 miles. To cover those two miles by mass transit, you've traveled 35 miles and taken well over two hours.

Instead of just extending the 110 route to cover that section. :nonp:

Lucius Alexander

Small bag of holding, 25,000 gp

Portible hole, 20,000 gp

A 20 foot wide hole in the side of Orthanc, priceless!

Lucius Alexander

I've fought a few things that just needed to go away. Treasure be damned.

I played in a 3.5 game where we had so many Bags of Holding that we literally didn't know what to do with them. In my (admittedly limited) experience, if you play 3.5 RAW, you're going to be giving away handfuls of +1 Rings of Protection and +2 short swords to every begger that asks for a handout.

I played in a 3.5 game where we had so many Bags of Holding that we literally didn't know what to do with them. In my (admittedly limited) experience' date=' if you play 3.5 RAW, you're going to be giving away handfuls of +1 Rings of Protection and +2 short swords to every begger that asks for a handout.[/quote']

...And that's where 1st-level adventurers come from.

I played in a 3.5 game where we had so many Bags of Holding that we literally didn't know what to do with them. In my (admittedly limited) experience' date=' if you play 3.5 RAW, you're going to be giving away handfuls of +1 Rings of Protection and +2 short swords to every begger that asks for a handout.[/quote']

My group is, on average, 15 years younger than I am, and they are used to the over abundance of magic items. I have yet to run a game of Pathfinder/3.5 for them and they will be sorely surprised at the dearth of generic magic items and how much more difficult it is to make magic items. It will be like 1st edition with plagues of firey rain and seas of boiling blood and you will sell your sister to a lich for a +3 Frostbrand.